• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Duck reports

Has anyone been seeing any local ducks? Most of the places I know hold the local ones do not have any sitting in them, even the river looks a little less packed. I think opener for ducks will be slower then last year.

If you are out looking at ponds right at sunrise you will see plenty. They are just hiding in the cattails during the day time. Lots of teal and mallards from what I have seen.

Not telling where I live but in the field behind my house there are 2000 plus mallards feeding every day. Ducks are everywhere around here.

Not telling where I live but in the field behind my house there are 2000 plus mallards feeding every day. Ducks are everywhere around here.

I don't know for sure but i guess he lives somewhere in Big Lake wink

I am seeing duck EVERYWHERE!

The whole reason that we are actually seeing some this year is because it finally rained this year. All of the little potholes have water, cover and food in them this year. They are just dried up lifeless swamps.

I drove over 150 miles around wright county last weekend. Most ponds didn't have any ducks or geese in them. I would say less then a dozen ponds had 15-40 ducks/geese in them. Although I cant disagree with pike doctor that the rain has brought some waterfowl to the ponds but in all likelihood these birds would usually be on bigger water but have found better living on these smaller ponds.

was out in buffalo for the early goose on the land seen about 200 duck maybe more but geese a little different not like i seen like the years before

My scouting tells me we are down a bit from last year.

I'm not seeing the numbers in evening flights that I usually do.

still lots of geese in Monti but they already know where to go to avoid hunters.

When does the season open. I want to hit pelican one more time and do not want somebody with a shotgun to tell me to get off the ing lake

Got back out before last days of the early goose got 7 geese two being my first lessers had ducks landing in the spread nonstop till 9 ish. Anyone having a good scout before the opener recently

Well my plans changed for opener, I got 4 tickets (Free!) to the Nascar races in Kansas City for next weekend. Leave some duckies for me when I get back.

Well my plans changed for opener, I got 4 tickets (Free!) to the Nascar races in Kansas City for next weekend. Leave some duckies for me when I get back.

Have fun watching a bunch of M&M's flush down a toilet!! zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ J/K We'll try to not let any ducks get to KC!

• 2 weeks later...

Uh hem....High School Pond and Cut corn fields in town

My scouting tells me we are down a bit from last year.

I'm not seeing the numbers in evening flights that I usually do.

still lots of geese in Monti but they already know where to go to avoid hunters.

he is talking about the monticello high school. My work is right next to those fields so i get to watch the show every morning. They is a few birds around monti but i know where there is even more birds and they are outside of city limits.