• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Capps

Eric Wettschreck

Wilson Ramos is 3 for 13 for Washington since the trade, a .231 clip. Apparently, he cant even crack their starting linuep. Not exactly the next coming of Joe Mauer.

obviously not only starting pitching wins championships... my line was in reference to the bullpen vs SP debacle. anybody remember when AZ beat the NYY some years ago? or should i say randy johnson and curt shilling beat the NYY? i firmly believe that having good starting pitching is much more crucial in terms of pursuit of a pennett or ring than a bullpen is. like i said before, if your starting pitching blows and hands a 5+ run deficit over to your bullpen, it is a steep hill to climb back into the game, especially if you are playing at yankee stadium in late september.

go twins

Of course quality starting pitching is huge particularly in play-offs. It doesn't grow on tree's though and that's why EVERY team in the league is hoping or looking to acquire it but its not realistic. So rather than chase the pot of gold at the rainbows edge you do other more realistic and attainable things to improve your team.

Yeah we're all frustrated we didn't get Oswalt who was one of the 3 so called starting pitchers available and one of the 3 that is actually pitching well.

i agree with you but dude having johnson and shilling that year was like a once in a million thing they both had over 20 wins and 300 strikeouts each. Plus i think ppl started to see ramos might not be as good as everyone thought which in the end brought down his value and made teams want more

Yeah we're all frustrated we didn't get Oswalt who was one of the 3 so called starting pitchers available and one of the 3 that is actually pitching well.

As a former Houstonian, I was really hoping to get to see some of my old favorites play at Target Field. That said, our starting pitching has given me serious surprises in quality outings this year.

I wonder, if we win the world series this year, will all the people who have complained about the management of the team come around a LITTLE bit at least?

Of course not!

And even if we don't win a series as far as I'm concerned almost every one you owe's the Pohlads an apolgy for giving us the best product top to bottom in sports!

The "best product" has won all of, what, one playoff series in the past almost two decades?

They're a nice team, but they haven't been close to the best.

Never said they or we were the best team.

I have said on numerous occasions we are the premier Professional sports franchise. With all that is wrong in Pro Sports today we from top to bottom all things considered are what Pro sports teams should be. We do it the right, fair way.. We don't over-pay these jocks based on what they HAVE done in the past we pay them on what they are worth to us in the future hence not being burdened or crippled for years by large contracts like Santana who just had his 2nd surgery since we traded him and an aging Hunter who have made a combined 1/4 billion dollars guaranteed.

We do it year in and year out with team-work and class along with fiscal competency.

So on the behalf of the Twins and the Pohlads I except apology's and give forgiveness to ALL! smile

Go Twins!

The way we outspend other teams now. We are just like the Yankees, angels, red sox.

we are one of them

we still have a ways to go (meaning over double our current amount) to be in the same category as the sox and yanks. 11th in the entire league.

full-27725-1155-screenshot2010_09_15at3.