• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lost on the Whitefish Chain

Been out on the chain a few times this year, with very little luck except for small bass and northern out of the weedlines.

Can anyone offer some areas or depths to target for bigger northern or any walleye at all?

Probably will devote most of my time out on whitefish and am trying to stay away from fishing the weeds or foleys, because that hasn't worked for me much in the past. I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

If anyone can tell me depths they are seeing the big balls of whitefish that would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance.

I'm a virgin on the forum, this is my (FIRST POST), whitefish has been a little tough this year, lots of bait fish (yoy perch), walleyes & northerns are healthy & fat. use your electronics. the fish are there, its up to you get them to bite, if not move on, depth depends on fishing methods. I rig or jig 15 plus fow If I can catch them so can you.

xrap! I may have gotten lucky with a fish or two! but I sure mest up the forum registration. i thought i was rigjig, back to the drawing board or maybe I!ll

just go fishing!!!!

Pat,

Thanks for the reply- its nice to know that someone is still finding fish this time of year.

I'm with you on the run and gun looking for baitfish, the hard thing is there is so much water to cover out there.

Are you mostly finding 'em on the graph out suspended over the deeper water, close to the midlake structure, or outside of the weeds near shore?

Again, thanks for any help, just hoping to spend part of my weekend reaching into the cooler rather than squinting at the graph.

Judge

i like to troll cranks you can cover lot of water and when you do hook into one then fine tune or presentation. You will catch pike in the process. electronics are key good luck

Rigjig...Pat...No problem should be able to change, kind of nice to have some anonymity for sure. Good to have you none the less, don't let the technical stuff get the better of you, I'm sure the forum members would love to hear your perspective or share some of your fishing tips. Cool thing is don't have to let the cat out of the bag unless you really want to. Talked with Dave D. today at the registration for the MSFC at Moonlite Bay and I mentioned that I thought I ran into you on here, guess his computer is in the shop or his internet connection is down anyway by the sound of it he is impatient to get it back up and running again. Take care and hope to see you back.