• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It just feels wrong

mrklean

I am cheering for the yanks to win the east division so we dont have to play them right away in the playoffs it just feels wrong am i the only one who is having this problem?

The ONLY time I would EVER cheer for the Yankees was if it was a situation like we were in with the White Sox last year (needing them to beat the Tigers on the last weekend to force game 163.)

I was forced to cheer for the Sox once, and I hope it never comes to that with the Yankees!

I like our chances much better if we play the rays so I'm wanting the yanks to win that division. and hopefully rangers can upset the yanks. and you can always wish good thoughts/bad thoughts on the yankees to offset each other. cheer for them to win and for sabathia to come up lame or get a big suspension or something like that.

I'm not cheering for anyone but the Twins. Yanks, Rays, Sux, it doesn't matter. If you're going to go all the way you have to beat the other teams to get there, even the Yankees.

Besides, rooting for the Yanks would be like rooting for the Packers which is like riding a moped or break dancing. It may seem like the thing to do until your buddies see you doing it.

I would never root for the Yanks. We will have to beat them at some point so one might as well see if the Twins can get it done right away.

Personally, beating the Yankees in the playoffs, after our recent history, would be nearly as sweet as winning it all for me.

So you are hoping the Rangers would knock the Yankees off in the Divisional Round? I like our chances a lot better in a 5 game series where we have home field than a 7 game series where they have home field.

So you are hoping the Rangers would knock the Yankees off in the Divisional Round? I like our chances a lot better in a 5 game series where we have home field than a 7 game series where they have home field.

if we met rangers in alcs, we'd have home field for that series in all liklihood. Of course it would be much better to knock the yanks off ourselves but I just don't like the odds of that happening so wouldn't complain one bit if someone else knocked them out

yeah i am hoping the rangers knock off the yanks how many times in the past 4 years have we beat the yanks? We have beat the rangers more times this season then we have the yanks in like 4 years so anything avoid them would be nice

Changed my mind on this. Hope we play yanks first round with home field advantage. Give gardy a chance to get the monkey off his back and show that he's not baseballs version of marty schottenheimer. He has the players this year to knock the yanks out if he can manage to not be scared of them and convince the players to do the same.