• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

All Star Wild player out for 3-4 months!

JimBuck

I know many of you will be completely shattered to hear this (OnAFly,Bear55, PierBridge).....

James Sheppard is out for 3-4 months due to a knee injury while 4 wheeling last weekend. We might as well pack it up and call it a season! laugh

Who am I kidding, If anything it's a good thing for Wild fans interested in winning.

Backstrom will have to pick up the slack and score that extra goal we will be missing.

In all honesty though I never like to see athletes get injured, especially one of our own guys. Shep may have had a terrible stint so far with the Wild since being drafted but he is still a good hockey player he just needs work...lots of work.

Since he signed a one year as an unrestricted I would assume he's as good as gone....if someone would take him.

On a related note, it sounds like Bouchard met with Richards on Tuesday and sounds like he is in great shape and ready to get on the ice.

When a player is in the position he was in, why would he risk getting in deeper s**t by riding around on an ATV. He's gone after this season.

They may be able to get around paying him since it was an "off-ice" incident. Hopefully we can give his salary to someone else and free up cap space.

Hello Casey Wellman.

I had Wellman centering the 4th line and Brodziak 3rd line. Wild probably are looking at options in free agency and what they have developing in the minors.

They got squat in the minors, but we have already picked up 2 centers (Cullen and Madden) this year. Hopefully PMB can be back as well as he can play center too. I think the Houston Aeros are the ones hurting from Sheppard's injury because that is where he would have ended up anyway. I hope Wellman can put on some muscle because he has tons of energy and speed.

I think Wellman is going to get a good look in the early season at wing while PMB gets back into things. Lets hope they both do well.

I think the Wild's drafting of talent and pursuit of free agents has been almost criminal with the fan base they have enjoyed. How Doug Riseborough got another job in hockey is beyond my comprehension level. I feel bad for the loyal season ticket holders.