• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes vs Saints

Cooter

Can't wait to watch a regular season game. Guess I'd have to pick the Saints if I were a betting man, especially with the game being played down there. No shortage of topics for pre-game with last seasons game between the two. Will be interesting to see how ol Burt handles it - I can see him getting a bit wound up just like he used to when he was a Packer playing in the dome. Suppose they'll try running the ball the first series or two to get him settled in? We'll also get a look at the Saints and see if they can continue on last seasons success. Go Saints! smile

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

• zepman

• Steve Foss

Road game in a tough environment, missing Rice, and Harvin and Favre probably not at 100%...that's a tough row to hoe.

I'm hoping they find a way, but I think the Saints probably win this one. I hope the Purple proves me wrong!

AP Jersey will be in full gear and I will be watching with a cold beer at an establishment. Hopefully we can pull this one out!

This is a brutal game to start the season! A home game in the defending super bowls champs stadium. I think the saints are going to come out angry. They are not getting any pre-season love from the experts in thier picks, Reggie Bush is getting his Heisman stripped away, BUT the vikes have played pretty well in pre-season and might be in the mood for a little play back from last year. A really tough game that comes down to the wire. Vikes 27-24 grin

Tough game for sure. If Brent can get the ball out quickly when under pressure, I could see a Vikes win. If he holds the ball and is looking for the perfect pass, well... I just hope not to see TJack running onto the field.

Establishing AP running game without turnovers would do wonders for our team.

The best way to stop the blitz is to run the ball. If the Vikings can establish a power game early then it's a winnable game. Favre and the receivers aren't ready to win games on their own as they mostly did last season.

i know, live by the blitz, die by the blitz. but last game it seemed like we couldn't even slow down or get a hit on the guy blitzing, and favre would get burried.

This will be a very tough game without all of our starters. I cannot see the Vikes winning unless Farve and AP have the game of their life.

The last game AP also rushed for over 100yds while sitting out half the game with fumblitis. If he hangs on to the ball could we see 200yds?

I really don't think the Vikes are in as rough of shape as everyone makes them out for. They were in pretty rough shape going into last years championship game, which would have been a blowout in the Vikings favor if the Vikes simply held onto the ball.

Unfortunately, I think it will all come down to coaching and play calling. Vikings will not win that "battle of the best coaching". Saints by 4 - I hope I am wrong but we will be out coached.

i know, live by the blitz, die by the blitz. but last game it seemed like we couldn't even slow down or get a hit on the guy blitzing, and favre would get burried.
\

Vikings gained nearly 500 yards against that ferocious blitz last year...bring it!!!

i'm worried about the health of our quarterback, if they tackle his ankle, were 0-16.

Really? You need Favre to beat our Pack this year? gringrin

I'm thinking . . . YES YOU DO . . . and even that may not be enough. smile

Last year we were saying the same thing about Favre's Shoulder. It ended up not being a problem.

If we had half the turnovers last game we would have won.

If we play smart and don't jack things up, vikes are going to win.... like we should have last year.

We have better all around talent and they have better coaching. If the Vikings players execute well enough that they don't have to rely on any quick decisions by the coaching staff they stand a good chance. If not then....

The Vikes will lose by about 13, and then we will meet them in the NFC championship game again this year and we will kick their arses (redemtion for farve story for 2 weeks before the big game), win the superbowl, Farve will finally be able to retire, Ziggy will get his new stadium, and the New York City Mosque Imam will will be quite upset cause nobody is complaining about the new stadium like they are the mosque. grin

The most important thing for us to do to win the game is get after Brees. If we don't get after him early and often it will be a long day.

While Griffin is not the best cover corner in the game he is very physical and thats what we need for the Aints recievers, we'll miss him big time and we'll also miss Cook because he was looking pretty mean himself. Hopefully Lito and Asher can step up.

I wish we were in the dome because I think we would beat them down, being on the road in this situation is gonna be tough but we can still do it. I doubt either team is gonna be running on all cylinders.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I love our Vikes but I'm afraid they're in a bit of trouble being down to three healthy corners and going against a high octane passing offense like the aints. Hopefully Griffen can go but I fear it won't be at full speed IF he can. I can see the Saints coming at us in three and four receiver sets a lot.

This is a tough team to start the season out being short on corners. We will need dominating line play, an aggressive offense and a + in the turnover battle to win it.

The line on the game is the Saints by 5, I think that is a little high, and if i was a betting man, I would bet on them odds.

I doubt either team is gonna be running on all cylinders.
it could be a blowout by either team first game of the season.

Vikings gained nearly 500 yards against that ferocious blitz last year...bring it!!!

Agreed, Saints only gained 200 some odd yards against us. 1 corner back isn't going to make a huge difference. Sheppard has the veteran wisdon and allen has the speed...between the two of them we should be ok. Last time we had Winfield playing nickel because he was not full strength, now he is good to go.

The 2nd half Brees didn't know which way to go he was under pressure so much. If we can bring it like we did it will take some pressure off the dback.

As far as offense goes, that is the "?". Who knows if Harvins head is in the game, but the chatter today was they would like to move him to the split out and put camarillo in the slot which would be a good fit for him to find the crease in the middle for some quick hitters.

Lastly, I almost hope Berrian gets hurt because I saw him doggin it more last year than Moss did when he was here. Besides he can only catch the ball when it hits him in the numbers grin