• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tell us how your bear season went

lakeshoremunster

Thanks I hope so too. He hit shortly after I baited that site at 5:30 p.m. He also came back in after dark one time. He's what keeps a guy dreaming and going back. Boy I would have liked to be in stand tonight.

The oak tree I was in was swaying something fiercely during that storm. Hope your brother was strapped in.

yea he was straped in, but he dosent hunt like how I do when im in the stand, the only time my gun or bow is on its hanger is when im getting into or out of my stand other wise i always have one hand on it at all time. To many times something came in that I should have gotten but messed up because I wasnt ready with the gun in hand.

also his harness strap placement on the tree is also different from were I put mine, I like mine up pretty high were if im sitting I only have a few inches of slack, that way if I fall off Im not going to far down and its positioned one side towards my ladder sticks.

Cherokee you must be a basket case right now man, tunnel vision extream, good luck on that beaste. Walley nice job man awsome bear. Congrates to all an good luck to those still hump'n pails. boar

Hunted until 7 last night, got poured on. Pulled the pin early due to wind and rain. Will be out tomorrow. Anyone else hunt through the less than ideal conditions?

Nope I think the wife gave me food poisoning just to keep me out of the tree the last few days but I'll be out Wed night to hopefully redeam myself from last sat night. Looking to deflate that black vw bettle with the white V on his cheast, if you can't tell I'm still kicking myself for the miss. I'll pull the cam chip tomorrow and get a pick up soon so all can laugh at me.

A 16 year old member of our group took his first bear yesterday. The bear field dressed on a certified scale at 268 pounds. Over 300 pounds live weight. Very exciting for all of us. Thank God we live in a country where we can pass on traditions like this to the next generation.

Sow and a cub set up tonight at 6:30, didn't leave! Sow slept next to the bait. Needed to have my dad come in with the truck at 8 so I could get home! Great time.

Here is a pic of the one I gave the slick trick hair cut on sat. Wish I would have notice him coming into the bait sooner.

full-28877-1038-bear.jpg

I haven't made it out yet, but I got this picture a couple days ago. I might just have to go sometime. I use an IR camera. Does anyone know why the bear would be looking at it? The camera is silent and there is no visible flash. Hummm.

full-9987-1054-bear2010a.jpg

I herd that some IR cameras will make a charging noise, kinda like those one time use cameras with the flash, you can hear the flash charge up. But I really have no clue maybe someone can chime in here on this.

My moultrie makes a slight clicking noise when the when the dealio(?) covers the lens during night pics. full-29992-1061-mdgc0182.jpg

Some of the pics I have of bears their staring right at it. I think their posing. Solid bear by the way.

Is he actually looking at the camera, or does he just happen to have his head turned toward the camera while he is licking, or sniffing the end of that twig?

Both those bears are pigs!!!

Looks like the guy in the second pic is smiling for the camera! laugh

Good for him. Congratulate him for me.

Thanks Cherokee, This one weighed in at 268 pounds but it is not the biggest one at this bait site. The big one has 8"+ rear tracks. He ripped open a blind from the top. He did not touch the sides. I wish I had a photo of this guy on his hind legs looking down into the blind through the hole he made. We let this site go one day too many before re-baiting so it ran out of food. He was a little cranky.