• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North Garrison Access----The Crooks are Loose---

pikechaser

Launched my boat Saturday (9-5-10) and sometime between 2 & 6 pm someone smashed the driver side window out of my truck. Luckily I had nothing of any real value in there for them to steal, just some of my 3 year olds toys. Im betting it it happened somewhere closer to 2 pm as there was only one other truck & trailer there when I launched & many others when I came back...no others had been hit. Some people really need to get a LIFE....but just wanted to give everyone a heads up, may think twice before launching there if someone in the area keeps an eye on the parking lot.

pike...sorry to hear about the incident. I would be livid. Its a pretty sorry situation when the n'er do wells find a chink in the armour of the good people and take advantage. Its obvious that there is a considerable lack of law enforcement to even discourage this activity. I live in a "city" just north of the T'cities and we have a similar situation where there is no real proactive law enforcement and we are religated to depending on the response after the fact. Leaves one feeling pretty helpless. ('cept for that .44 mag in the closet that is!)

That's what I love about this site. It is chock full of "(Bleep), why didn't I think of that?" Honestly, to use a resort ramp would of never crossed my mind for whatever reason. I would gladly pay for this service. Great advice for areas that get hit a lot.

I got hit at the marina next to that access a few years ago. Launching at a resort is safer but it's still possible to get hit. I lost a small toolbox of wrenches/tools. I was parked on the roads shoulder on a weekend with lots of traffic....it didn't matter. I think the best thing to do is make sure everything is out of site. Too bad people can't be honest and considerate of others property.