• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

heater in deer stand?

adamr

does anyone else do this if so what kinda of heat we tried a little buddy but it frosted up the windows was thinking of one of those oil burners were they drip the oil down, or a omni kerosean heater im thinking that this would be a dryer heat so it wouldnt frost up the windows any advice.

Just about any heater you use will frost up the windows unless it is a vented heater. They all put moisture into the air as they burn but if the heater is vented to the outside, just like the chimney on a house furnace, it will not frost up your windows as most of the moisture is vented outside. I put a small vented fish house stove in my deer stand and the frosting problem is very minimal. You can buy these stoves for around $100.00 or maybe get lucky and find one on a garage sale for much less.

I use a buddy in mine, the windows frost up alot so I generally keep the windows open enough to keep the frost from building up to bad, so the heater is just enough to keep comfy an not to warm so I get sleepy, kinda think youd want fresh air in anyway. boar

Man up and take the cold! We don't hunt from our living rooms these days, do we?

Just giving you a hard time.

hahah yep if you use a heater in your stand, you might need a corner of your man-card clipped wink

i haven't used a heater in any stand i have ever been on. of course i hunt on public property so no enclosed stands allowed. but if i had private property i would use a heater of some type. after 35 years as a meat cutter and a coupe of frostbite issues my hands and feet would welcome a heater since they are sensitive to cold. i make the best of it but i dont think it has anything to do with manhood, sometimes it cant be helped in order to continue to hunt. good luck.

I use a Buddy and just crack one window. I hunted in every type of temp and wind condition there is over a 35 year period.

Now foir rifle, I use a totallt enclosed, carpeted box with heat.

Others can say what they want but its sure nice to have heat, drink a cup of coffee and have a lunch ina nice blind.

The deer is just as dead in a heated box as a stand in the cold. Why not be comfortable?

I sat out in the [PoorWordUsage] for enough years and now sit in my shirt.

i don't have heat but i do have an old barber chair, swivels 360 with foot and head rest and reclines back for the occasional nap.

tell it like it is harv, it's also nice to sit on the rainy river under a enclosed boat with a heater an pound some walleyes too.

Man up and take the cold! We don't hunt from our living rooms these days, do we?

Just giving you a hard time.

I shot one in my bathrobe. Never did figure out how he got that thing on.

Keep the hater in front of you. Last year, my aunt had hers behind her and didn't know when she caught on fire. By the time she realized it, most of the back right side of her orange coveralls were in flames and melting. She moves quick for an older lady. Good thing she remembered the jump, drop and roll thing.

hat

hand-warmers

&

coffee

lot better than fighting over one heater

But a fish house heater [sunflower] is best if you need a heater.

window cracked of course.

I've used cat, buddy, fish house

Heater Body Suit! The only thing you will ever need and you will never get cold again. I've had one for 5 years now. The best thing there is for cold weather!

I kinda have to laugh and agree with some of the guys. Are we really talking about finding a heater for your "deer stand" that will keep you warm without you having to open the windows? Seriously?

Its all in jest of course, because I've learned a long time ago that to each their own. I don't judge, but I am allowed to laugh a little.

If you can't stay warm enough inside with the windows closed, then you'll need to use a Big Buddy or a Mr. Heater of some type. Crack the downwind window or find another way to get good ventilation.

Also consider long-standing options such as warm clothes and hand warmers you can stuff in any imaginable place. Kids need to learn how to dress warm too. wink GOod for you for taking some young hunters out and showing them the ropes.