• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How big? Missed opportunity?

Mopad

This is my first year hunting bear, my bait has been getting nailed the last 4 nights. Last night a bear finally came in before dark. He looked small to me so I passed on him . Now looking at my game camera later, I think I should have taken him. Its hard to judge how big they are from the trail camera pics then to real life. Anyways do any of you have an idea how big the bear is in the video? Also my cousin had a big boy come in. The bottom of the sign is 6ft from ground!!

Bottom of the sign is 6 feet huh? From nose to tail, Boy I'd hate to say but I'd probebly drop him in the freezer. 4-5 ft bear guessing.

Looking at the nose of mount on the my wall, the picture bear looks to have a bout 4-5 inches of nose on the sign, an that looks to be about half the distance of the space from his tail to the ground, givng that hes on his tippy toes. So subtracting a foot an half of measure on the high end of the 6' that the sign is from the ground. Hmmm... I'm terrible at estimating

The logs in the video are about 4ft. I guess I was expecting a bear to come out the size of a polar bear or something grin.

The bear in the video, would he be pushing 200lbs? How can a guy estimate how big they are when in the stand? How low the belly hangs? I once heard the ears will tell how big? Any idea?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight you're going to see some serious S***!