• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First frost of the year

It was 29 degrees this morning at 5am. Lots of white on the house roofs around us. We usually get our first one between the 8th and 15th so this is a little early.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I picked everything above ground in the garden yesterday. Well the deer helped out too. Now if I can teach them to pull weeds that be nice.

It was cold this am about 5 when I got up but no frost. I was going to hit the big lake but decided to just let the dog out and go back to my warm bed. Man I hate to see summer leaving us!

Does this mean the mosquitoes are gone in the area?

There is still plenty of time for another hatch or 2 winkgrin

Depending on were you are at it may be great or really stink. We were outside last night and I never felt a one but if you are close to a swamp and it warms up there will be another hatch or 2.

Hermantown looked it got frost this morning ,,,,the deer got most of my garden greens so not much of a loss with the frost

LAS

Last night I left the truck out of the garage. There was a heavy dew, but no frost on the windshield or on the grass. Duluth Hts near Rice Lake Rd and Arrowhead. We must be all ready for ice fishing. I don't ever remember a thread on the first frost............ANTICIPATION I guess.