• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lakeshoremunster hits the bear lotto

lakeshoremunster

I was stting in my stand opening morning from 530 till 8 am and didnt see a thing, the trail cam showed a bear hittting the site around 630 am, guess they didnt want to come in that morning. Went to grab some lunch and kill some time, came back on the stand around 4pm and sat there waiting in the heat, herd something come in, looked around and saw it was a coon that came in and ate my bait. Watched the coon for over an hour and then herd something coming from the tall grass 50 yards to my right, looked over there and saw a black movement, slowly stood up and waited for the bear to come in. It came it about 15 yards and stoped, turned around and ran 10 yards, with the cross hairs still on the bear I watched it do its coming in and running off dance two more time until I knew that it was commited to come in and eat the bait all the while the coon was still in the bait pile. The bear stoped 15 yards from my tree stand and looked right at me when the coon took off runing like a bat out of hell I knew I had to take my shot or I was going to watch the bear run off, so I took my shot in front of the shoulder right behind the head, and she dropped right were she was standing.

I was never so happy and thrilled when I saw the bear drop and didnt move. I sat back down on my stand taking a few deep breaths and replaying what went on in the last five mins, I thought about coming down to start dragging my bear out to the trail but remembered how others have said that when they did that they had another bear come in half hour later, so I looked at the time and thought I still had an hour and a half of daylight left, so I sat still with my rifle on my lap.

Not more that 10 mins went by and I herd some crunching noise in the grass to my right, I looked over and saw it was another bear, I stood up as carefully as I could and put the cross hairs on it, watched it come in about ten yards on the same trail as the first bear, it stoped just a few yards short of were the first on lay and it hoofed and took of back to the grass but when it got to the grass it turned right and ran a few steps and stoped. I watched it do this a few time through the scope waiting to see if it was going to come in or give me a shot, when it stoped again it was behind two big trees and all I saw was its head and butt. It took of walking again looking towards my direction and right then I thought to my self if I dont take my shot its going to run off and Ill never see it again.

So right when I thought of that it stoped and I placed the cross hairs on its vitals and squeezed the trigger, he was about 50 yards out when I pulled the trigger and he droped right were he was standing.

So after he droped I packed up my backpack and took off my harness and climbed down, and walked back to the truck to wait for my brother with the wheeler.

First bear was a 150lb or so sow and the second was a boar that broke 200lb, never got them weighed but it took my brother and I over an hour to drag him back to the trail.

Pics will be up later today when I get them scanned into the computer.

What an opening day it was for me, second year bear hunting and got my first two bears.

full-33497-913-img_0002.jpg

Here is me with my two bears, the big one is on the left of the pic,

picture is kinda blury, but everyone was tired when we took the pics

full-33497-914-img_0003.jpg

here is my brother holding the big guy

full-33497-915-img_0004.jpg

here are the two bears again the boar is on top and the sow is on the bottom

full-33497-916-img_0005.jpg

here a a group shot of the guys.