• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rosenfels traded to Giants.

PurpleFloyd

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I think we got a handle change in the works.

Rick Childress? gringringrin

I'm not a childress fan for sure. I'm not a T-Jack fan yet either but I sure prefer T-Jack over Sage and guess who was sent packing...... laugh

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
Rick you can stop with the junkson clearly better than sage garbage because this is the overwhelming consensus in viking country. If it wasnt than Chilly wouldnt be answering the questions so much. Ask any packer fan how happy they are because the vikings kept junkson. There is only one conclusion to get out of this, they know if junkson is at QB the packers have a better shot at winning.

Childress finally banishes Sage Rosenfels

September, 3, 2010

By Kevin Seifert

The Minnesota Vikings traded away their only real insurance at the game's most important position Friday night, a reckless and vindictive move that indisputably weakened the team in order to avoid the appearance of impropriety on the depth chart.

Sage Rosenfels was traded even though he was Minnesota's best backup at quarterback.

I haven't always praised Sage Rosenfels during his two year-career with the Vikings, but this preseason he proved to be the Vikings' only competent backup behind Brett Favre. He far outperformed Tarvaris Jackson, who apparently has a tenured position unaffected by his performance. What anyone wouldn't give for the kind of job security he has.

Let's be perfectly clear: Rosenfels was traded Friday night to the New York Giants because he beat out Jackson for the No. 2 job. As crazy as it sounds, that's what happened. The problem was that coach Brad Childress long ago chose Jackson as his No. 2 quarterback and still hasn't given up on his prospects as a long-term starter. Childress never embraced Rosenfels' acquisition in March 2009, a move orchestrated not by him but by vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman, and inexplicably banished him to the bottom of the depth chart.

Rosenfels hasn't always practiced well, but his 111.7 passer rating this preseason was more than twice that of Jackson. But no matter how sloppy and inaccurate Jackson was, nothing would change Childress' mind. He said last week that he had seen what he needed to see in practice, and my understanding is he made it clear within the organization that under no circumstances would Rosenfels make the final 53-man roster.

Instead, the Vikings seem poised to keep rookie Joe Webb as their No. 3. Webb showed flashes of elite athleticism during the preseason but is in no way capable of taking over an NFL team with playoff aspirations. It's fair to wonder the same about Jackson, but trading Rosenfels allowed the organization to get some level of return -- one draft pick in 2011 and perhaps a conditional pick in 2012 -- and eliminate the uncomfortable dynamic of an upside-down depth chart.

Favre hasn't missed a start in 19 years, so much of this conversation could be moot. But trading away players because they outperformed underachieving (but favored) incumbents is no way to build a team. At least, not in my book.

Note: Surprisingly, the trade also sent kick returner/running back Darius Reynaud to the Giants. I wonder if that means Percy Harvin will resume his role as a kickoff returner. I have no idea who will return punts, although cornerback Asher Allen did get some work there in the preseason.

Seifert is in the job of selling papers and this type of article sells papers. He's pandering to you T-Jack haters. I've seen it quoted in here before you did already by other T-Jack haters. smile

I'm on the record saying T-Jack has not looked good in his limited Pre-season appearances. Wouldn't matter if he did look good. All of you T-Jack haters would be saying the same thing.....with your pants still on the ground laugh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zepman

• FISHINGURU

• james_walleye

• Shack

NO ONE KNOWS! Not even james_walleye or Fishing Guru wink No one at thos point has no clue how Jackson would play in 4 quarters against non-second string players as a Quarter back.

Lets do the math here...a 2nd string quarter back (cough...cough...puke) playing with the 2nd team offense going against the 2nd team defense and he still looks like a 9th grader on the varsity.

So if he plays with the 1st string going against the 1st string defense, how is that suppose to make him look better? He should be ripping up the 2nd string defense if he is that good.

The only reason anyone would want to keep Junkson over Sage is if they think he's a franchise QB, because no one in their right mind can think he gives the team a better chance of winning if Favre goes down this season.

There's plenty of QB's out there that are young,athletic, and dumb as a box of rocks so there is no reason to keep Junkson.

Sorry Rick, if junkson outperforms Sage in the preseason we arent having this discussion, reporters arent hounding chillidog, and Siefert has no reason to write the article. Sage looked like a QB on the field. He knows where he has to go with the ball and gets rid of it. junkson on the other hand, lol, well we all saw him play. A QB that has been progressing doesnt look like that in the preseason. See you guys are missing the point with junksons mobility also. If the clown knew where to go with the ball and could rid of it he wouldnt need to scramble for his life on every pass attempt.

I use to be on the bus of, lets keep Jackson, and see what he can do, after playing under Favre for a couple years, but, after this preseason, I am done with him, and I hope Chilly falls on his face for the stupid trade to the Giants!

Junkson might have the worse accuracy I've ever seen with absolutely no touch. Ever notice the WR's drop his passes because they are thrown so horrible?

Streaks wide open right up the middle but he always throws a lazer behind the guy, wide open on the up and outs but Junkson throws to the inside shoulder (or 3 yards behind) of the guy when its a simple pass that should be between the WR and the sidelines. The poor guy can't even hit a RB in stride from 4 yards away.

But hey he's progressing still 5 years later, wow thats good humor. He went from beyond junk to just junk, maybe in 5 more years he can go from junk to less junk?

T-Junk is junk!!! Joe Webb will out perform T-Junk.

That is impossible...as long as TJack is on the roster, no one will be allowed to out-perform him.

I thought this as well, I would accept this. I think he could learn a lot with a year behind Favre.

He had time behind Warner and that didn't do any good.

Zep you stated that wrong. Alot of people will outperform him, but none of them will be allowed to overtake him on the depth chart.

I love it when people post this clip. What people fail to realize is that if junkson is at QB for the texans in this game without the comfort of the vikings line and AP, the texans are not even in this game much less up by 10 with 4:00 to go. They would have been slapped from the get go.

Heck no, Junksons spot is set in stone, he's the franchise QB we moved up to steal in the 2nd round before anyone could get him in his 5th or 6th round projected spot!!