• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rosenfels traded to Giants.

PurpleFloyd

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Minne...k-Giants-090310

Darnit.

Not that he was that good, but that means we go through this season with a 41 year old QB and 2 backups we cannot rely on for a playoff run and going into next season we have only Webb under contract.

I lost my respect for Childress a few years ago. Now I am just ticked off.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zepman

• FISHINGURU

• james_walleye

• Shack

What do the Vikes get some big name linebacker?

Nope, two girl scouts and a tap dancer to be named later.

Jokesters with out a clue.

We should have paid them to take Tavaris, it makes as much or more sense.

tweed

Maybe we get Leinart and T-Jack heads west?

I thought this as well, I would accept this. I think he could learn a lot with a year behind Favre.

I'd take that switch Rick...let's give Lienart a year under Favre and see how much it helps him...sure didn't help TJack at all.

I've seen you've finally seen the light though...what took you so long?

Reynaud included in the deal also...for an undisclosed 2011 draft pick and a 2012 conditional pick.

Now I really don't get this deal...I always thought Reynaud was the only one on the roster who could replace Percy at WR and returning kicks/punts when his migraines surfaced.

Hope they have a plan....

Look forward a year: We have no quarterback under contract for 2011, I believe. Jackson may be able to demand big money on top of everything else.

DD

Getting rid of Sage over J-Junk what a frikkin joke. T-Junk is a joke of a QB, can't make a decision when he is in the pocket to whom he will throw the ball to. Favre goes down the Vikes season is done... Can we all say hello to the future QB of the Vikes after Farve, Joe Webb. Childress, your a joke of a coach for making this very wrong move and I hope it bites you in the arse this season...

Look forward a year: We have no quarterback under contract for 2011, I believe. Jackson may be able to demand big money on top of everything else.

DD

Webb will be the only one under contract next year.

Well we knew you couldn't get a sack of potato chips for Junkson so Sage was the odd man out and the only guy with value. Now we are stuck with Junkson what an aweful feeling.

We can only pray to god that we don't sign Junkson to a long term big contract deal to stay here. When the seasons over we can just let him go and go find a real QB and have Webb be the back up.

I'm starting to think that too FG...I just don't think TJack had ANY value at all and moving him was impossible. We saw that this summer too. At least they got something for Sage...not much...but better than nothing.

i too am disapointed in the trade. could someone post what the trading deadline is,perhapst there is more to come?thanks. good luck.

Well the only thing we can take from this is that as long as Childress is our coach, then Jackson will always be our QB of the future. Now all I can do is pray that he is not our coach much longer.

Kevin Siefert wrote a very telling article about this whole TJack/Sage and Chilly thing. It's a good read...if I had more time I'd post it but thought someone on here might do it also. He completely ripped Chilly and told it the way it actually played out...very refreshing aticle.

I know it's an opinion based article but Seifert is as close to this situation as they come...he's covered the Vikes and the NFC North for a long time.

Check it out....

Is this the one?

Quote:
Childress finally banishes Sage Rosenfels

September, 3, 2010

By Kevin Seifert

The Minnesota Vikings traded away their only real insurance at the game's most important position Friday night, a reckless and vindictive move that indisputably weakened the team in order to avoid the appearance of impropriety on the depth chart.

Sage Rosenfels was traded even though he was Minnesota's best backup at quarterback.

I haven't always praised Sage Rosenfels during his two year-career with the Vikings, but this preseason he proved to be the Vikings' only competent backup behind Brett Favre. He far outperformed Tarvaris Jackson, who apparently has a tenured position unaffected by his performance. What anyone wouldn't give for the kind of job security he has.

Let's be perfectly clear: Rosenfels was traded Friday night to the New York Giants because he beat out Jackson for the No. 2 job. As crazy as it sounds, that's what happened. The problem was that coach Brad Childress long ago chose Jackson as his No. 2 quarterback and still hasn't given up on his prospects as a long-term starter. Childress never embraced Rosenfels' acquisition in March 2009, a move orchestrated not by him but by vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman, and inexplicably banished him to the bottom of the depth chart.

Rosenfels hasn't always practiced well, but his 111.7 passer rating this preseason was more than twice that of Jackson. But no matter how sloppy and inaccurate Jackson was, nothing would change Childress' mind. He said last week that he had seen what he needed to see in practice, and my understanding is he made it clear within the organization that under no circumstances would Rosenfels make the final 53-man roster.

Instead, the Vikings seem poised to keep rookie Joe Webb as their No. 3. Webb showed flashes of elite athleticism during the preseason but is in no way capable of taking over an NFL team with playoff aspirations. It's fair to wonder the same about Jackson, but trading Rosenfels allowed the organization to get some level of return -- one draft pick in 2011 and perhaps a conditional pick in 2012 -- and eliminate the uncomfortable dynamic of an upside-down depth chart.

Favre hasn't missed a start in 19 years, so much of this conversation could be moot. But trading away players because they outperformed underachieving (but favored) incumbents is no way to build a team. At least, not in my book.

Note: Surprisingly, the trade also sent kick returner/running back Darius Reynaud to the Giants. I wonder if that means Percy Harvin will resume his role as a kickoff returner. I have no idea who will return punts, although cornerback Asher Allen did get some work there in the preseason.

What an airhead Chilly is. He just started to make me a believer in him and then he reverted back to the bonehead he really is. We the great Minnesota Vikings are no closer to having the most important position on our team filled than we were 4 years ago. Favre is only a temporary bandaid and he might need some bandaids before the season is over, and then it is over for us too!!!! We are known as the Old Folks home for quaterbacks though so I guess we shouldn't be surprised. Bad way to try to sell us on a new stadium. I feel for TJ being put in this position by Chilly. Way over his head and not his fault.

I think they are getting ready to move to LA. Just a feeling.

Anyone, I mean anyone who is shocked or boggled over this does not know how football works. After running back up to the back up again this season, Sage would have been worth nothing. When do you sell an old beater car? When it is running good or when it is just yard art? Anyone who thinks Chilly loves T-Jack more than the game is nuts (08' wink ). Went over all this in the T-Jack thread already. No need to go over it again.

Just get ready for the last couple seasons we have the Vikings. smile

We need to pick up Lienart! Assure him he will be the starter next year and send Jackson on his way. Why can't this happen??

Vikes blew a great opportunity this year in passing on Clausen IMO...from all sources, he was ready to go out of the shoot and he hasn't disappointed so far this pre-season. A year under Favre would have been great for the kid.

Shack...just because the Vikes would have had Sage at #3 doesn't decrease his value around the league....each team would have done their own evaluation on the guy and they clearly would have had a better grade on him than say, TJack. If Sage was not going to be a member of the 53 man roster regardless...then I'm glad they at least got something for him when they did.