• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sage to Giants.

LMITOUT

This one is a mistake IMO...The Vikes, otherwise, have been fantastic in their player acquisitions/drafts and releases.

I really didn't think they'd let Sage go...especially considering Favres health and age. TJack has never made it more than a couple of games without getting hurt either...Vikes are really rolling the dice.....

Quote:
Giants acquired QB Sage Rosenfels from the Vikings in exchange for a conditional future draft pick.

The rest of the league really missed out on a quarterback who could start for several franchises. Aggressive Giants GM Jerry Reese capitalized, even though his starting quarterback, Eli Manning, has never missed a start. Rosenfels finished the preseason 31-of-51 for 402 yards, four touchdowns, and no interceptions. He threw 15 TDs in nine games for the Texans in 2007. In New York, Rosenfels will be a significant upgrade over Rhett Bomar.

I think this one will bite them in the butt, in the near future! BIG mistake!

I wonder what we got for a pick? I'm hearing a 5th for both Sage and Reynaud, what a joke.

It's a real big joke if they keep a roster spot for that extra kicker that kicks no further then Longwell, when we could of just kept Sage.

Sounds like a 5th next year and probably something close to that in 2012. I don't think anyone's too sure about the exact terms yet...maybe they're stock-piling picks to move up next year and take a REAL q-back!

Ugh....

QB Sage Rosenfels for a 2011 draft pick and a conditional 2012 draft choice. I think the 2011 pick is a 6th pick. Should had been Tarvaris Jackson instead. Bad news is that we'll have another year of the Jackson's experiment. Good news, Joe Webb will be our #3 and maybe the near future franchise QB.

Why cant chilly just admit this whole tjack experiment was a failure, man what an ego.

+1

I think it all came down to economics for Vikes. Too much money guaranteed in Sage. Now we have a QB that doesn't care. Favre staying healthy is our only chance. I hope O-line can come together and give him the protection he needs all season. Vikes must be looking ahead at next offseason to see who might be available and make a strong pitch to get him. If season ends with Tjack at qb and season is a failure I sure hope then that Chilly/Vikes dump him.

The Vikings could have offered Jackson but I doubt anyone would have bit.

They tried last year with absolutely no takers. He is a year older and looks worse than ever.