• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Packers 2010

Cooter

Preseason is done and its time to get ready for the opener against da Eagles. Hopefully we can get a better start to the season than last year. Lots of high hopes for the Pack this year - myself included. In my book they are the favorite to win the division - especially with some key issues to address going on in MN right now. Gonna be interesting to see just how far we can go this year but it should be a great year overall. Time for a shiny new green and gold avatar! Football rocks, can't wait!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• CJH

• mrklean

• The_Diesel

Looking forward to the season as well!!! Should be a good year and fun to watch!!!! They should be able to make a good run, barring injuries.

Having Clifton and Tauscher fairly healthy to start the season should definitely help with Bulaga as a backup). Even if the defense isn't great, they should be able to score a ton of points. Breakout year for Rogers and Finley.

I am a die hard Packer fan, but their defense blows and thats gonna be the weekness. Offense, there is nothing to worry about.

Well, they better keep the QB healthy and hope he scores tons of points because that secondary isn't going to be what it used to be. That being said they will be a good team this year.

So do the Packers and they are in the same situation as everyone else...if they lose their QB...they are done too.

Let the games begin......

But, they are playing with a QB that is young, can still run out of the pocket and may be able to withstand a harder hit.

I am just worried about our O line protecting Farve. He could get hit way too many times.

I love the vikes and hate the pack, but I think the pack will win the division. The pack lost to Brett Favre and the Vikes twice last year, but the Vikes arent going to be as good, and they lost to the AZ Cardinals in the playoffs, and they dont have Kurt Warner anymore. The pack could represent the NFC in the superbowl. Or the Cowboys. Or Saints. I think they are in the top three of the NFC. But i hope im wrong.

I'm a Packer fan first a foremost. I think that it's going to be another close year for the division. The key to everything is magic... sounds weird huh? Who's going to reproduce the magic of 2009?

The Packers are going to be outstanding on offense, even if they take a few injuries. Their defense played inspired in their first year of 3-4 in 2009 but have question marks at safety, cornerback, and D-line without Johnny Jolly. Can they reproduce the magic?

The Vikings are going to play about the same defense as last year, although with recent CB injuries and depth issues are going to be hurting from the start. How will they be able to replicate the magic that Favre, Harvin, and Rice created in 2009? That will be the key for them.

All in all, I think that the Packers have a little more stability and depth than the Vikings but Minnesota has some stars that can shine real bright. It'll be close in my opinion. Both teams will likely make it into the playoffs this year so everyone should have some fun and excitement going into extra innings. A good year for sure.

Focusing on the Pack, one defensive issue will be whether separating Cullen Jenkins and Clay Matthews will create more QB pressure by making it harder for offenses to max protect to the left side. Another issue is how quickly Morgan Burnett (safety) and Sam Shields (nickel CB) progress, and conversely how long they can last - due to rookie burnout. I think that the Packers will be much like the 2006 Patriots, winning and losing games 45-42.

I'm a Packer fan first a foremost. I think that it's going to be another close year for the division. The key to everything is magic... sounds weird huh? Who's going to reproduce the magic of 2009?

The Packers are going to be outstanding on offense, even if they take a few injuries. Their defense played inspired in their first year of 3-4 in 2009 but have question marks at safety, cornerback, and D-line without Johnny Jolly. Can they reproduce the magic?

The Vikings are going to play about the same defense as last year, although with recent CB injuries and depth issues are going to be hurting from the start. How will they be able to replicate the magic that Favre, Harvin, and Rice created in 2009? That will be the key for them.

All in all, I think that the Packers have a little more stability and depth than the Vikings but Minnesota has some stars that can shine real bright. It'll be close in my opinion. Both teams will likely make it into the playoffs this year so everyone should have some fun and excitement going into extra innings. A good year for sure.

This is a great un-biased post, and I agree with it 100%! I feel the Packers will have the upper hand this year, and win the division, but the Vikes will get the wildcard.

This is a great un-biased post, and I agree with it 100%! I feel the Packers will have the upper hand this year, and win the division, but the Vikes will get the wildcard.

+1

if Favre stays healthy, i think if teams get after him like the saints did no way he lasts the entire season then T-Jack is the man then and i dont see him taking them to the promise land

Thanks.

I think that an underrated area of strength for the Packers this season will be the offensive line. They've got a very good center and right guard playing along side two great but aged veterans. One of the two (Clifton or Tausher) will likely not finish the season but Lang and Buluga are both good young players that will fill the void nicely. Left guard is our weakest position but we've got guard backups that are almost as good as the starters. Couple that with an Aaron Rodgers that is smarter about avoiding the rush and I think we'll see a complete reversal of last season, with AR staying upright than most QBs in the league this season. My real interest is in seeing how well they open holes for Ryan Grant and Brandon Jackson this year.

With their horrible defense I don't know how you could think the cheese will win the division. It got even worse when harris and bigby were put on the pup list. Rodgers only got sacked 50 times last season, I don't know how you think the line has improved so much!?!? lol!! I can't wait until the season starts so I can hear the cheese backers whine!

You get to whine first tomorrow night! You'll be scramblin to revise those delusional power rankings you dreamt up. grin

Noway Jose' I'll be taking my Power Rankings to the bank in February!!

The Pack won't be that good when they play with a team that can rush the QB, you'll see.

Did rodgers even get sacked in the pre-season?

Did Peterson even fumble in the preseason?? Pre season isn't a good judge of anything. Every year it's the same ol story until the regular season starts. Wait til the Pack play the Vikings, you'll see Rodgers laying on his back more than enough.

OH, and Born2Fish... Love the video!!

With their horrible defense I don't know how you could think the cheese will win the division. It got even worse when harris and bigby were put on the pup list. Rodgers only got sacked 50 times last season, I don't know how you think the line has improved so much!?!? lol!! I can't wait until the season starts so I can hear the cheese backers whine!

blah, blah, blah...............

The packers were the trendy pick heading into the playoffs last year to. That went well for them. I agree, that defense is not good. I laugh when half the "experts" are picking the packers because of their great offense. I really like Teddy Bruschi. He is picking the packers in the north because he thinks Brett Favre is going to get hurt. Really? Thats what your basing your prediction on? We heard that last year as well. Aaron Rodgers has more of an injury history than Brett Favre does.

That's all you can come up with? There is only so much room for logic in this thread..

There was nothing logical about your quote, just nonsensical noise. smile

Considering the Vikes were ranked lower in both run and pass defense, guess you are saying the Vikes D is horrible.

There is only so much room for logic in this thread...... meaning someone like me has to be a troll and stir up controversy. The Pack's D has as much holes as a block of swiss and you know it!!!