• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Archery mule deer hunt

Scoot

I leave one week from today to do a four day archery mule deer hunt. I can't wait! Lots of rain out there this year, so there's been some great antler growth. I'm very pumped to get out there and give it a shot. We'll do a 1 1/2 day pack in trip to an area that should see virtually no traffic. We'll spend one night there, then head to some of the usual day trip-type spots after that. I'll take my camera and get lots of pics- hopefully some will be worth showing here. Wish me luck!!!

Looking forward to it Scoot!

If I get lucky this year I'll be heading to Nodak for an archery hunt myself around the end of the month.

Go Black Betty! grin

Cant wait to hear back from you.. I have enjoyed your storys and picts of the hunt when you return over the last few years..

Get er done dude!!! Bring us back some hardware!!!

just got back from nd tonight- had an encounter with a big one. hope he isn't laying to far from where i shot him.

confused

Any more to this?

Yep, I'm with Wanderer-- please explain. I'm not sure I follow what you mean, but I hope you get/got a big one!

Thanks fellas. I'll do my best to not JUST bring home pics this time... blush

Good luck Scoot!!! What state?

We'll be headed to our usual haunts in Western ND. I had a buddy in the same general area this past weekend and he got 18 yards from the biggest of five bedded bucks. He was a very nice 4x4. He threw a dirt clump to get him to stand up, but instead of standing up, the buck rocketed out of his bed- went from 0 to 50 in nothin' flat! He never even got a shot. I can totally relate to this...

Sounds like my kind of luck! Are you guys hunting North of I-94 or South of it?

4 of us are headed to NW S.D. Sept. 19th for antelope. Most of the pre-hunt prep work is done, now we wait. UGH!!! We are hoping to scout an area out there for mulies too. I need to break my mule deer curse! crazy

I plan on taking alot of pics and doing a right up too.

Brian

We're back! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera today and I'll be pretty busy at work the next couple days. I'll try get something together as soon as I can...

As a primer- it was a really fun trip! The weather and moon were perfect and we saw a lot of deer. Multiple arrows were flung this trip...

We're back! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera today and I'll be pretty busy at work the next couple days. I'll try get something together as soon as I can...

As a primer- it was a really fun trip! The weather and moon were perfect and we saw a lot of deer. Multiple arrows were flung this trip...

Sounds like you had fun, can't wait to read about your trip.