• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

September Fishing Isle Bay

pureinsanity

I was wondering if anyone can give a fishing report for the south east side? I will be going up to my family's cabin Sept 9-12th and just build myself a new fishing rod and want to try it out. I was wondering whats working these days.

I will have my girlfriend with me and shes deathly affraid of water and big waves. So we never venture to far out of the bays near isle.

Last year about this time I was catching a lot of smallie on some rock piles. Id like to target eyes and smallies mainly. 4th of july I was using lindy rigs with a crawler and that worked ok.

I know most people are out in the mud flats working them. but has anyone had any luck just outside of the bays? Rockpiles? maybe even the shallows?

Thanks

Nick

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The perch fishing can be very good but usually October is better. Some crappies show up there as well. There are several rockpiles just out of Isle bay that can be good especially with wind blowing, (i know she doesn't like waves) in or after dark. The cabbage beds in Isle bay will hold musky, pike and bass.

Thanks for your post. I usually will pitch some jigs and a fat grub for some smallies in those rock piles. Ive ventured her out to a few islands outside of the bay too. Basically if there's 2 foot rollers I am fishing solo. Ive caught most of my eyes just outside of the bays working around some of those islands where the depth drops off. Drifting with lindy rigs and crawler.

Any idea whats working on mille lacs these days? Lindy, Jigs, Bobbers??? Crawlers, fathead, or leeches?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Take her out to one of the rockpiles for the evening bite bobber rigging with leeches or fatheads. Should have some action with a mixed bag of fish. The leadcore bite continues to be pretty good. Fish can be caught pulling spinners or rigs as well if you find the fish.