• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Denard Span....uggggh

SledNeck

Okay. I had to do it.

Denard Span is a mess.

bats .311 last year/ .265 now AND picked off 1st like 9 times????

Outfield arm rediculously weak

Horrible at calling off guys in the OF+ misplaying fly balls

and If anyone else notices this he breaks more bats than any player Ive ever seen in my life

I miss Torii

But seriously, it hasn't been Denard's best year and he has regressed a bit. Still, like most good lead off hitters - our offense really clicks when he's hitting well and getting on base. Even though he gets picked off a lot, he's speed does put pressure on pitchers and defenses.

His arm isn't that bad - it's not like he's Johny Damon out there.

Let's hope he catches fire these last few weeks. We'll need him to be playing well if we hope for a playoff push.

But seriously, it hasn't been Denard's best year and he has regressed a bit. Still, like most good lead off hitters - our offense really clicks when he's hitting well and getting on base. Even though he gets picked off a lot, he's speed does put pressure on pitchers and defenses.

His arm isn't that bad - it's not like he's Johny Damon out there.

Let's hope he catches fire these last few weeks. We'll need him to be playing well if we hope for a playoff push.

I agree. It's like not baseball is an easy game to play year to year.

I'll take him at 1 million per year over Tori at 13 million per year any day and Sunday!

Davidson...ha/ha good one! grin

I have never seen a batter approach an at-bat like he does...he swings flat-footed most of the time and about half the power and "turn" he should. He simple does not swing the bat like he wants to hit the ball hard!! He looks disinterested at the plate. Bugs me.

No problem with him in the outfield...but he has been the Twins biggest disappointment this year overall.

Pier theres a big reason Torii makes what he does. We are OVER-paying Denard this year. He hasn't earned his pay this season.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an All Star at every position? It's just not gonna happen guys. Geez you people are harsh.

Is it too much to ask that a player have a season similar to his last season when he should be getting better as a hitter and is making more money?

Every CF in baseball makes that catch.

Bad decision to take 2 on that hit. He was actually out, they blew the call.

Span is Avg. nothing more nothing less.. Maybe we can move Delmoney over to center?

Maybe we can skip repko in the batting order?

Every CF in baseball makes that catch.

Bad decision to take 2 on that hit. He was actually out, they blew the call.

Actually Tori doesn't make that catch hence the reason they shipped him to RIGHT=FIELD at 15 mill per!....

I do give tori credit for improving his offense once he left the Twins I find that astonishing. He was just a mediocre hitter and great glove with us.

I do give tori credit for improving his offense once he left the Twins I find that astonishing. He was just a mediocre hitter and great glove with us.

Mediocre hitter? His last 2 seasons with the Twins he averaged over .280 with 30 HRs and 100 RBI. I haven't seen too many mediocre hitters hit like that! Twins just screwed up and got rid of him in his prime. As far as his defense, he has made catches that Span can only dream about.

Twins got rid of Hunter at the exact right time...all along they said they did NOT want to extend his contract out as long as he was looking for in fear of what is happening to him now...he's just getting older.

The Twins would not be where they are now had they signed Hunter...not to mention Mauers contract...and a whole host of other contracts up in the air next year.

Mediocre hitter? His last 2 seasons with the Twins he averaged over .280 with 30 HRs and 100 RBI. I haven't seen too many mediocre hitters hit like that! Twins just screwed up and got rid of him in his prime. As far as his defense, he has made catches that Span can only dream about.

Thanks for that OWNAGE

Twins got rid of Hunter at the exact right time...all along they said they did NOT want to extend his contract out as long as he was looking for in fear of what is happening to him now...he's just getting older.

The Twins would not be where they are now had they signed Hunter...not to mention Mauers contract...and a whole host of other contracts up in the air next year.

Hunter was moved from center to right to make way for a minor league prospect who has been tearing it up and is only 23 yrs old and FAST. If not for that he would still be in center field, Hunter would still be in Center field here as well.

Whats wrong with a team having the BEST fielding right fielder in the game? I guarantee thats what he is.

Offensively, Hunter appears to still be in his prime. He is worth every penny of his salary just as Joe Mauer is.

..trade you Soriano or Fuk u do me for Span....or Hunter..or Damon..or..

LOL!

I agree with Zep it was time to let him make his money else where we didn't screw up at all HE DID!!!..

He's on his last legs and can't move even remotely like he use to when he roamed the Metrodome and was the best in the game.

By average hitter I meant his entire career with the Twins which are a lot like Cuddyer's Twins career averages. Yeah I agree his last 2 years here were pretty darn good offensively but he chose to go with the higher pay-day.

Go Spaun!