• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Three (Parso) Lake by Windom?

Was looking at old stocking reports today and saw this lake was stock a couple of times. I have never heard of this lake before. I was wondering if anyone had some information about the lake like depth and water clarity? Has anyone ever fish it with any success?

I've never heard of it. I'm interested also. I have a few friends in the Windom area. I'll get ahold of them and find out where it is.

The lake is located on the north side of co road 17. Just north of summit lake.

I drove by it the other day the lake looks nice. but I don't know if you can get out there to fish it. Maybe in the winter.

I haven't found any surveys or other info on the lake just the stocking reports.

If its the one I am thinking it is it is all private around with pretty minimal chance to gain access. All you can do is ask though

On the dnr website. It was stocked a good while back 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, . They stocked sunfish, bass, and walleye. Don't know if there would still be fish in there but you never know. I still think it is worth trying.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/showstocking.html?year=1998&county=Cottonwood&species=

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/showstocking.html?year=1999&county=Cottonwood&species=

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/showstocking.html?year=2001&county=Cottonwood&species=

I spoke with the DNR folks in Windom and they said they have not stocked Three Lakes with any fish because it doesn't have Public Access. They use to consider Summit Lake as part of Three Lakes which had a DOW number of 17001200. In 2003 they started using the DOW number 17007300 which is the present DOW number for Summit. To make a short story long, the fish stocked in Three Lakes according to the DNR web page were actually stocked in Summit Lake which has public access.

Well if it was Summit that was stocked it probably aint worth the time seems to have a winter kill every other year or so. It is a good bullhead lake for the flathead fisherman though

The lake that was under question is east of windom on county road 17 it is the lake on the north side of the road. Summit lake is just south of there. You have to turn on 570 ave to get to the access on summit.

• 2 weeks later...

I worked for the Shallow Lakes program for the DNR in Marshall, MN the last two summers. Last summer ('09) we surveyed Parso as a possible management lake for waterfowl and shorebirds. It's in pretty rough shape, with the exception of some Sago Pondweed on the north end. Water clarity was very poor and we pulled common carp, suckers, bullheads, catfish, and fathead minnows out of our nets; zero stocking effort on this lake and there's no point to doing so either (in my opinion) with the current water conditions...

Also, yes the DNR has switched to DOW numbers for their lakes, it's easier and less confusion using these numbers than just simply the lake name, especially with multiple lakes in the state having the same name. It makes looking up a lake on lakefinder a lot easier.