• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I agree... was just up there yesterday and it worked great.. ATT has been puting lots of new towers around the area.. they will probably be the best for most areas up here..

Was just out to a friends house the other day and he has a brand new tower on his 100 acres about half way to Virginia (from Tower) in the Little Rice Lake area off 169....

It isn't quite hooked up yet but I'm sure you will know when it is when your phone finally doesn't cut in and out on the way to Virginia! I for one was happy to see it.. shouldn't be long.

Verizon coverage has been O.K. but not perfect. In town it's good but out of town it can get bad.

Well, maybe that IS perfect. wink

To this point, Verizon has offered the widest coverage around Ely. In town is no issue. It's out of town to the north and east that's the issue, and Verizon has been OK there, while others have been dismal. Looks like AT&T is upgrading from dismal to OK.

Hoping both companies will continue to invest in the area.

Thanks for all the responses.I do have verizon and was just hoping to be able to keep in contact with my better half while im gone

Ya heading out east of Ely you hit pretty much a dead zone....I have found the pay as you go Nokia phones work the best up through the Tower Ely area....Also I have found that even a Sat phone I have does not work real well at times on the back road heading east of Ely over to Finland....

was just hoping to be able to keep in contact with my better half while im gone

If you're venturing into places where cell phones don't work, good for you. Let your lady know it's hit or miss. Then turn off the cell phone and chuck it in your pack and forget about it until you get back out. If you are in business, a cell phone can be a godsend. If you are not in business, same phone can be a curse. smilesmile

One doesn't have to be available to all people at all times.

All just IMO. smile