• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What will he score?

fire29

Finally got a pic. of a decent buck, this morning at 9:20. Kind of a game I guess, just wondering what you all think he may score? I guess for the answer I have to shoot him. If I do I will post it and see how good you guys and gals are at picture measuring.

027.jpg

Sorry I thought the picture was gonna be a little bigger! The left side has 6 points, three right at the end. I will see if I can blow the picture up a little.

It is a little harder with the smaller pic but I would guess in the 120's somewhere. Might be a little bigger or smaller, this is a tough one. Sometimes its nice to see the full body size, he could be bigger then he looks.

i'll guess gross 125 and net in the high teens. since his ears are pinned back, the outside of his rack looks like it would be between his ears so i'll even guess him to be 2.5 years old. i wouldn't lose sleep at not getting a crack at him this year,just hope no one else gets him. with six points on his left side he's gonna be nice in the next year or two.

I usually guess on the high side, but I think that deer would get lucky to gross 130. Probably in the 115 to 125. I have always been told that it takes a seriously nice 8 to score 130. That guy, isn't quite there yet.

I am going to go out on alimb here and say this buck will gross rite around 206. maybe a little more laugh

I cant figure out how to blow this picture up yet, having trouble with my photobucket acct. However I can blow it up on my computer, so me and a buddy each did a quick tally and and both came up with a gross of 130-135. I know it will not net that cause of the extra tines so Im gonna need more pictures for a more accurate count or a dead deer. Hopefully I get to see him in real life so I can get a better look. If I get more pictures or a better picture I will post it.

2nd pic helps, probably still mid to upper 120's. Go get him and find out for sure, but hey if you don't he will be a beast next year.

He will for sure be a dandy next year. The only problem is the amount of gun hunters in that patch of woods. Makes it hard to let him go and have one of them shoot him.

I hear you, once they reach this age (guessing 3.5) they are much harder to kill so if you don't connect this year a lot of times these big guys find a way to survive.

I'm going to guess he'll gross at ~125" and net around 110". He lacks a little length in his tine and beams to make book, but he would be hard to pass up with a bow.