• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Browing BPS Micro 20 Ga

MINNKOTA

Does anyone own a Browning BPS Micro 20 gauge. Looking to get one for the daughter she is left handed and does not like the shell ejecting across her face so i was looking at the bottom ejection would like to hear the postives and negitives about this gun.

Not sure what the “micro” is exactly, but I have a BPS 20 gauge with the English (straight) stock and 22" barrel (I think they called it an “upland special” way back when) and absolutely love it. I’ve had it for over 20 years and it is by far my favorite shotgun to shoot. I shoot it so well I pretty much use it for everything these days except geese. The only issue is when working the pump quickly for a second or third shot it can be easy to short stroke the action, meaning the spent shell ejects but the new shell doesn’t load in the chamber. If I remember right, it usually only happened when shooting 3 inch shells. I could be wrong on that though, it’s been a long time since I did that, you just have to make sure you pull the slide all the way back. Really not a gun issue, more operator error.

I would highly recommend one.

I bought a used 20ga. BPS 20 years ago and it is the only gun I use for pheasants. I put at least two cases of shells both 2 3/4 and 3" through the thing each year and I can only recall on jam on the gun. The main cause was the action was getting sticky and it needed to be cleaned. Cleaned it and have not had a problem since. My wife is left handed and that is the only gun she will use, for the reason of the shell ejection. Love this gun.

Although it misses from time to time... Has to to be the gun, couldn't be me grin

My daughter shoots southpaw, and we got her the Micro several years ago. She loves it - and I have used it myself a couple of times and am very impressed with the gun. A very nice little package.

I ended up ordering one through Gander in Forest Lake, since no one had any in stock.