• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coming up Thursday and looking for some pointers?

Hey guys and gals I'm coming up with the wife on Thursday-Monday staying at Ash Trail. Haven't been to Kab for about 7 years,so wondering what you would try first for presentation and what depths? Which lake Kab or Nam? We spent most of our time on Kab and pulled spinners with some success. Would this be a good choice or lindy and jig? Thanks for any help going out to pack boat smile

Tracey

P.S. Whats walleye slot and possesion limit?

I was up there last weekend and it was brutally slow. Didn't fish a ton for walters, but everyone I talked to said the bite was shut down. It was hot, water temps were in the mid 70's.

Caught one sauger off the dock (go figure), otherwise we only got into a few smallies and pike.

Its got to pick up at some point, hope you have better luck than we did!

was up last weekend a well. saturday morning was brutal but in the afternoon it picked up a bit. 12 keepers between 4 guys between 1 pm and 7pm with a handfull of bigger and smaller fish thrown back in the lake. worked mostly mid lake structure vertical jigging. pretty much just hopped from point to point, when we marked fish sat over the top of them and worked them slowly with a jig and minnow. we didn't do very well at all fishing the break lines off the sides of the islands. definitely not on fire but enough for a great shore lunch for dinner and a couple to take home.

good luck.

Glad somebody had some luck!! We talked to a group of 15 guys that caught 3 fish in 2.5 days - ouch!!!! Also talked to two DNR officers who were have lunch at Kettle Falls, and needless to say, they hadn't been having any problems with "over the limit" violations.

It was our first time there and I am not a big walleye fisherman, I was there more for the pike/smallies personally.