• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Watch Your Watch

bogwalker

I don't usually wear a watch but I do wear one when bear hunting and while doing bear research. The first time I heard this sound I about jumped out of my stand. Sitting quietly when suddenly a tree crashes to the ground close by, not off in the distance. This happens to me probably once a year at least. 15 To 20 minutes after hearing this a bear always emerges from dense cover and heads to the crib. Every time. The bears supposedly climb a tree to get a better view of the bait site before entering. Maybe. This has happened while there is already a bear on the bait and it has the same effect each time. The bear on the bait runs for cover. 15 To 20 minutes later a bear, smaller bear always, walks in and takes over the crib. Anyone else keep track of these things ?

I've had plenty of sows run cubs up trres before coming in. I possibly heard a small cinnamon climb a tree before committing, but I had just seen a porky so it's tough to say.

I'll have to keep an ear open and an eye peeled on the watch. I have a hunch this cold front that is coming in could make things happen a little earlier. Got my fingers crossed as I have a nice one coming in just at dark.

Yea I'm with ya on that, have a nice shooter that first showed 2:32 Saturday afternoon then at 9:05 sunday night, then monday storm held him off till 4: 35 this mourning, Goof T-storm rolled thru an Positive kept bear movement to nill, so I have a feel also with this cold front that early movement an with dissapearing full moon will push things in our favor. Good luck Boar