• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OUCH, THAT STINGS!!!!

FISHINGURU

The hits keep coming for the Minnesota Vikings.

This time, we’ve learned that the team will be without rookie cornerback Chris Cook for at least two weeks. He’s sidelined with a torn meniscus in his right knee and as Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports, Cook could be out longer than that.

It’s a position the Vikings can’t afford attrition at. One of the primary reasons the team drafted Cook in the second round out of the University of Virginia was to provide some help with Cedric Griffin still trying to work

his way back from a torn ACL.

Cook has had a strong training camp and preseason and this ensures that veteran Antoine Winfield and newcomer Lito Sheppard will start Sept. 9 at New Orleans in the season opener. There is a real depth issue here now after the team traded veteran Benny Sapp to Miami in order to acquire wide receiver

Greg Camarillo.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Settle down, he's a rookie and would have only played sparingly regardless.

He may not have played much but he was something. What do we have now????

Our offensive line is suspect and we cannot afford top lose any players if we plan on contending.

I love pre seasons like this. Statistically we have better seasons after them. I do not recall though last preseason stats and we had a great year. Although I recall a horrible pre-season in 00', but we went 11-5. Then I recall with great preseasons in 01' smirk and forward, but failed in the end.

Who is Cook anyways? grin

Quote:

Who is Cook anyways? grin

He is the guy the Vikings settled on, because they messed up and didnt trade up to seal the deal on the guy they wanted smirk

I'am glad that I will not be able to watch the Saints game on the 9th. The Vikes secondary is going to get eaten alive by brees with Lito in there,, not that there would have been much diff with Cook, but at least he has talent. Lito is washed up.

Saints 45

Vikes 17

better get some practice for Rogers etc,,

take the Saints - the points. It's the best pick of the 1st week.

Eh, it's all on our blitz. I'm not normally one to wish for harm to another player, but seeing Brees on the carpet looking through the helmet earhole sounds about right.

I'm not sending in the forks before the season even starts. Looking good in preseason means nothing!

Settle down, he's a rookie and would have only played sparingly regardless.

Yeah, except for the small fact he was gonna start at right corner until Griffen got back.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

He may not have played much but he was something. What do we have now????

Our offensive line is suspect and we cannot afford top lose any players if we plan on contending.

He's a DB not an offensive lineman harvey smile

Decker is bomb, I was hoping we were gonna get him in the draft.

Lito will buckle down, I think he still has some big plays left in the tank.