• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shaping up to be a good one.

Now that the wind has died down we can get back to nailing them on Gull. This weekend should be great. There is a nice year class of walleyes in that 12-16 inch range and they are hungry. Minnows are the ticket. Redtail chubs or nice rainbows have both worked well over the last 2 weeks on a lindy rig or jighead. It doesn't get much easier. Just hop from spot to spot until you find them. They have been located on weedlines in 13-20 feet of water. The north 2/3 of the lake has been best. Have a safe weekend everyone and good luck out there.

Jason Erlandson

Another great morning out there. Nothing big but quite a few 15-18 inch fish. Seemed like the fish have slid out a little deeper. Caught all of my fish in 16-22 feet. Minnows are working well. They were inhaling them.

Jason Erlandson

Hey Jason. Thanks for the updates on Gull. Any idea on water temperature where you were fishing? I will be up there in four weeks and am trying to keep tabs. I apprecaite the updates and will look forward to stopping in when I am in the area.

was up there yesterday, temps about 73. but with cooler weather the last day and upcoming weekend, may dip down

71 degrees this evening. Caught one walleye while bassin in a tourney tonight in 10 Fow. Bass were biting good in 6-10 fow on jigs, jigworms and a few came on cranks.

I thought for sure this change in the weather would turn them off. Good to hear theyre still biting.

And with the colder weather it should keep the recreational traffic down a bit. I can hope, right?

Yesterday morning I had 71 degrees on the main lake. Like Traxx said, I think the bass have moved up a little. Not catching too many on the outside weed edges. It was a little too breezy to hit the water this a.m. It is still a little tough to keep minnows alive. I suggest an aerated bait bucket or a recirculating livewell/baitwell and some ice cubes. It really seams to make a difference.

Jason Erlandson

Time to pull out the Arctic Armour and hit the water tomorrow a.m. Jason at 41 degrees for a low tomorrow a.m. I don't know if we will need to ice down our redtails tomorrow morning. Have a great weekend everybody and be safe.

Jason,

I just want to thank you for the tip you gave my son and i about a week and 1/2 ago. I told your dad to relay a thanks, not sure if he did.We ended up boating 8 walleyes that morning.We worked depths any where from 14' to 18' of water.My 10year old son out fished his old man,5 of the 8 came from his side of the boat.The smile he had when we came in was priceless.Thanks, we will see ya in a couple of weeks.

Good walleye bite on Gull this morning in 15'-20'. Redtails and lindys are workin good. Water temp was 67 on the main lake, in the morning.

Happy to hear that Shortdude. That is awesome. Every now and then I get lucky and it sounds like I know what I'm talking about.

The last few nights have really helped to cool things down. Keeping minnows is getting a little easier. The solid reports keep coming in. Time to get out there and enjoy it.

Jason

fishing was pretty good this morning caught a few nice bass and the eyes were biting well

redtails in 12-17 fow

Bass were up in the coontail

some friends and me are looking to come up and fish gull(1st time unless you count the ice fishing tourney) and was wondering which is better sept or oct for targeting walleyes---sound slike redtails or rainbow chubs. any starting points woul dalos be greatly appreciated as well, lindy's or jigs????? thanks for any info

either rigging or jigging a northland fireball will put eyes in the boat both months are great for fishing on Gull

Let me know where your going to be staying I can give you some areas to get started

[email protected]

A few of the better spots lately have been on the west shore from Quarterdeck to Snady point, Cinosam/Stone Boathouse, the Rock Pile, Dutchman's Bluff, among others. Like John said, rigs or jigs are both working. I've found that if you hop around you'll find some. Good luck.

Jason

i know this summer has been a bit different and slower for some than the last couple years, but can we still expect a good fall bite this year? i remember the last couple years having some awesome days in sep. and oct. out there and i hope it is the same this year.

Little slow on Saturday for me. Still fun to be out, marked quite a few fish though, just a little slow on the biters. Was on Gull in 12 to 22 ft of water.