• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

deer hunting sleeping bag....thing.... lol

stifler51

so i saw a commercial for what basically looked like a sleeping bag u wear in the stand. I, for the life of me, cant remember what its called. help me out. Thinkin, if the price was right, id get it for the wife since shes always cold in late fall and ice fishing and whatnot.

Let us know how it works. I'm looking to possibly get one as well. If you're sitting all day in a stand or blind, I think they would work great. However, pretty sure you could come up with something similar from home, but it's so fun buying new gear!

I read a lot of reviews on them and everyone seems to like them, I just have so many other warm hunting clothes I just can't bring myself to buy one.

Haha! I just looked it up, its pretty ridiculous looking, but it would definately be warm. Pricy too!

geeeeez for that kind of money they can keep it. I didnt think they would be that much. btw thanks for helpin, but dont think ill be buying one of those.

geeeeez for that kind of money they can keep it. I didnt think they would be that much. btw thanks for helpin, but dont think ill be buying one of those.

Get a camoflague snuggy grin

There is a place in Rice that makes a simalar product at 1/3 of the price. I have been thinking about getting one for my wife as well.

Their website is abupholsterydesign.com

I got one about 10+ years ago when they first came out and I am glad I did. It is still in perfect shape and will last another 20 years I am sure. I use it only for deer huntng and it works fantastic. I used sleeping bags before and this is twice as good as a sleeping bag. Since I've had it I have not had to leave my stand because I was cold. This includes the -15 degree opener a handful of years ago or December bowhunting for 4-5 hours. They are spendy but this is one of those things that you get what you pay for. Mine will last 30 years so that is only $10 per deer season.

I have never heard of anyone who regretted spending the $300 or so on a Heater Body Suit. Yes, $300 is a fair chunk of change for most of us, but it is also far more than a sleeping bag.

It's not like you can run to your local box store and get a sleeping bag to do the same thing. Heater Body Suits are waterproof, have special zippers for easy on and off, zip up all the way and enclose everything but your head, and are designed so that a person can drop the suit enough to shoot but not all the way to the ground, etc. When you consider the cost of a nice hunting jacket or wool jacket, you'd be hard up to see a price difference between those items and a Heater Body Suit. And with even the nicest jacket, I've yet to find a "one jacket fits all" that keeps me warm for many hours. The biggest advantage of the Heater Body Suit to me is that you can easily wear light clothing (or clothing you already own) into the stand to avoid getting hot and sweaty and then put the suit on to stay warm for many hours.

To me, staying warm is priceless while hunting. I hope to own one by the time late season rolls around this year (I just need to convince my wife that being warm is priceless, or at least worth $300).