• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What do you take in the stand (bear hunting)

NorthernOutdoors

Myself, my weapon, my pack filled with the needed goods (knife, water, rope, wire, flashlights, trail tape, reflectors, etc...), bottled water, a spray bottle with 70/30 liquid smoke/water, binos, and my cell phone.

Just going in with the bow. Oh and the knife, headlamp, camera, cell phone. Too much if you bring a gun.

Call me a wimp, but for bear hunting I use bug spray. Nothing like some deet to keep your sanity. I spray a little on a tree while baiting to get them used to the smell before hunting season. I also like a wide rimmed hat under my head net to keep the skeets away from my ears.

Bow, and backpack with all the usual essentials for tracking and cleaning. Almost most important is a GPS and compass. I have a habit of getting turned around in swamps and fifteen foot high thick tree areas in the dark. blush No guns for me until tracking on an unknown hit.

Mathews Z7, Rage 2 Blade, knife, and flashlight..... oh, and my .44 Mag pistol for peace of mind on the walk out of the woods! smile

Compass, gps, knife, gutting gloves (ever seen the worms living in bear guts?), hoist rope, harness, headlight, .44 if I remember, bow, bug net