• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for a new starting battery.

wplatehunter

I was up north for the last week fishing and one of my trolling motor batteries died. My starting battery is a year old from walmart, but it does not hold a charge like I would like. I run a pro v with three graphs and everything runs off my starting battery. There is no room for another battery in the rear, so I am thinking of putting the deep cycle/starting battery up front to replace the one that died. I would like to know whats the biggest battery I can buy for a deep cycle/starting battery. Thanks.

Interstate Deep Cycle/Cranking - 12 Volt

27M-XHD 54 lbs

1000 mca

800 cca

180 RCA

Interstate SRM-4D 119 lbs (a Beast!)

1314 mca

1645 cca

390 RCA

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that starting batteries are not typically deep-cycles, and vice versa for your trolling motor. There was a discussion about this earlier this year if I remember.

Optima makes a dual purpose battery, that's what I use for my trolling motor. I get the sense that is what's being discussed, and I think that may be a better choice anyway considering everything that is run off of the cranking batteries these days. (IMO)

But you are right, in the past cranking and deep cycle batteries have served different purposes.

Ditto on the dual purpose Optima. A bit more than the others out there but at the tiop of the list for service life.

x2.. 27M XHD Interstate...A real workhorse!

I have been running these batteries for the past 15 years or so and they have been great batteries for me. Plus the customer service at my Interstate Shop has been second to none.

not sure if you are 24 volt for trolling batteies

if so i wouldnt put a weak one with a stronger one

it doesnt work they work against each other and dont last long

thats my experience any way

i buy 2 new ones at a time for trolling

and i also use interstate for cranking or deep cycle