• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

reqiurements when buying a used hand gun?

remington 300

hey guys, im buying a used hand gun from a co-worker of my wifes, im friends with him also, he was wanting or wondering what we need to do as far as transfering the registration or ownership to me, ive sold a hand gun in the past without transfering anything, just wondering what to do for his sake, leaglly is there anything to worry about on his part? thanks for any replys,

mike

There is no state or federal paperwork to fill out, but to be safe, I always have a bill of sale typed up and signed by both parties, including address and serial number of the firearm being purchased.

+1 on what picks said. Print 2 though so both parties have a copy should you need it. I personally do not notify the govt since it is not required. No sense helping them if they ever try to take our guns.

sorry about that I meant make two copies. You might want to get the serial numbers ahead of time and run a background check on it to make sure it isn't hot......

thanks guys, the guy im getting it from only had it a short while and has all the receipts, original manual box everything, i trust him its not stolen, good advice on the serial #s and signed copies. thanks as always,

mike,

okay, I am curious, what are you picking up? Pictures would be nice as well when it comes home

Are you really sure you want to post pictures and give more information about a gun you own on this public forum?Why not show us pictures of ALL your guns. Then I could too. Then maybe more of us could.

See what I mean?

why be afraid to post a picture of a firearm, they are still legal to own and talk about in the good ol USA. Now if you are posting a pics with something like your address or combo to your safe thats a little more concerning, but to be proud of a firearm is a good thing. Not posting stuff or not talking about them is exactly what has led to the vast majority of indifference about guns. If more people were proud and had the respect and were more willing to be mentors in the intruduction of firearms we might not have such a polarized atmosphere when they are brought to the conversation. I have a website that has plenty posted, I'm just not as good as I should be at the computer thing, or I would not hesitate to post one here.

Okay fellas.....personal preference thing. Just a thought. Glad I ain't got nuttin' worth posting about.

I'm down to my trusty old Daisy BB gun for pingin' them danged coons in the butt when they come on my deck!!

Are you really sure you want to post pictures and give more information about a gun you own on this public forum?Why not show us pictures of ALL your guns. Then I could too. Then maybe more of us could.

See what I mean?

The site does not have enough bandwidth available for me to post pictures of my arsenal.

heres a picture, not the best quality but you get the idea,i had a few more in the post but you could clearly see the serial #,so i took those out.

guninventory003.jpg

and i had trouble using the hso download, pics were to big.gave up and used photoshop.

mike.

the guy put less than a box thru it, never shot it much so he decided to sell it,

I couldnt resist, cant wait to shoot it.

• 3 weeks later...

A sales slip is a for sure.

I never register any of my guns unless I am forced too. Thats just a good way for the goverment to know exactly what you own.

They do not need to know everything.

Nice pistole.