• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Windy's Mom 1934-2010

Windy City Walleye Hunter

It is midnight and I am just staring at the computer and thought I owed it to you guys to fill in some of the details of me being away for the past few weeks.

My mom died this morning at 11:30 am after a year and a half battle with multiple health issues. Things got really bad a few months ago and being her only child I was left with the job of moving her back here from out of state, selling her house out of state, buying one here in Chicago and building a handicap accessable ramp on that house. I have been going to hospitals and nursing homes for the past 4 months but the last few weeks really got crazy as her health failed.

She was a tough bird who fought right up until the end and then left without so much as a peep. She just told me to take the breathing mask off of her face and she was gone within the hour.

I have a mountain of things to get through after the wake and the funeral so I am going to have to take a little vacation from all the jousting we do. It looks like my beloved Pale Hose ran out of steam too and looks like they will be watching the Twins in the playoffs. If that is the case then they deserved it and will have to try harder next year.

Right now I just do not have the fight left in me even though it sure is fun. I just got to take some time off and rest.

Have fun guys, I look forward to many more discussions in the future be it football, baseball, hockey or fishing!

Believe it or not, I got my passion from my mom who loved the old White Sox. My dad was actually a Cubs fan. He worked second shift and would lay down in the afternoon before work and watch the Cubs when they played most of their games during the day. He died 11 years ago. My mom was the die hard South Sider who loved going to Sox games. Back in 1969 I had a Snoopy autograph hound and she went down to the Sox dug out once and asked them to sign it, almost every player and coach signed it. I remember Tommy John signed it huge right down the middle of Snoopy's nose.

God she loved baseball. Imagine the players autographs she is getting now!

Windy

She sounds like she was a great women Windy!

And she raised an even better Son!

Hang in there buddy your Mom is OK now and she's darn proud of you! We'll all be together again someday to talk baseball!

My sincere condolence's big guy....Pier!

Sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. She is definitely in a better place and watching down on you with a smile on her face.

I am not one to join in the banter but always enjoy it, and your time spent on vacation. I don't know that there are many who truly get the most out of there 2 weeks in Minnesota more then you and your family.

I'm very sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers and we will look foward to hearing from you soon.

Sorry to hear about your Mom......I went through that a couple years ago.....NOT FUN, but time does help.

Godspeed to your Mom Windy and prayers for your heeling.

I lost my Mom this past May and know the challenges of being an only and dealing with all of the "stuff".

One day at a time.

my condolences to you Windy. Hang in there and as stated earlier just take it one day at a time. - ozzie

It is midnight and I am just staring at the computer and thought I owed it to you guys to fill in some of the details of me being away for the past few weeks.

My mom died this morning at 11:30 am after a year and a half battle with multiple health issues. Things got really bad a few months ago and being her only child I was left with the job of moving her back here from out of state, selling her house out of state, buying one here in Chicago and building a handicap accessable ramp on that house. I have been going to hospitals and nursing homes for the past 4 months but the last few weeks really got crazy as her health failed.

She was a tough bird who fought right up until the end and then left without so much as a peep. She just told me to take the breathing mask off of her face and she was gone within the hour.

I have a mountain of things to get through after the wake and the funeral so I am going to have to take a little vacation from all the jousting we do. It looks like my beloved Pale Hose ran out of steam too and looks like they will be watching the Twins in the playoffs. If that is the case then they deserved it and will have to try harder next year.

Right now I just do not have the fight left in me even though it sure is fun. I just got to take some time off and rest.

Have fun guys, I look forward to many more discussions in the future be it football, baseball, hockey or fishing!

Believe it or not, I got my passion from my mom who loved the old White Sox. My dad was actually a Cubs fan. He worked second shift and would lay down in the afternoon before work and watch the Cubs when they played most of their games during the day. He died 11 years ago. My mom was the die hard South Sider who loved going to Sox games. Back in 1969 I had a Snoopy autograph hound and she went down to the Sox dug out once and asked them to sign it, almost every player and coach signed it. I remember Tommy John signed it huge right down the middle of Snoopy's nose.

God she loved baseball. Imagine the players autographs she is getting now!

Windy

Sorry for your loss. I'll keep you in my thoughts

Wow, I'm really sad to hear that. I hope you can take enough time away from life for awhile to go through the emotions you must be feeling right now. She sounded like a great Mom.

White Sox versus Twins will always be a good rivalry. It can wait until you're ready. Anyway I don't think the division is by any means set. Plenty O' Ball left to play. Sorry again for your loss.

I always know there is something really, really important in your life when you are away for awhile...your Mom didn't raise any fair-weather fan....not bantering sports with us.

Reading your post reminds me how I need to have more patience with my Mom 'cause one day I'm gonna lose her to the Lord.

Sorry for your loss Windy.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss Windy. My prayers and condolences go out to you. Take care of yourself.

Sorry to hear about your loss, you will get through this tough time. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Take care Windy...