• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Live Bait

Have planned to go fishing tomorrow but just found out that Moores bait and tackle has closed. Since I moved to Minneapolis I have only bought bait at Moores. I need to know where is a good place to buy bait.

Thanks

nige

Vado's in spring lake park is a good place. Hours and bait selection are very "fisherman friendly".

Clark Gas station on Old Shakopee and Old cedar in Bloomington.

So you would take Cedar ave south to the old shakopee exit just south of MOA and take a right "east" and its down a couple blocks on the left.

Probably the closest minnows you'll find in relation to Moores and MPLS.

• 2 weeks later...

Something Fishy in Richfield is slightly closer to the MPLS area then the Clark Gas Station in Bloomington. There selection is limited to small fatheads and nightcrawlers.

The boys at Wayzata Bait have always treated me with a great deal of respect. I give them my spots and they give me thiers. Nice people..., and Bob personally ties his own lures one of which I used this weekend to bag a few crappies. Gas stations are for gas. Ask the gas station attendant sometime where the fish are biteing as of this morning, and they will have no clue.

Ouch! Prices aren't that far out of whack. I've even purchased some big ticket items. Hundreds of dollars at the same cost as everywhere else. Think you might have other issues not related to money.