• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gooseberry Falls Camping Trip...Any good fishing spot???

Me and the family are going to be in Gooseberry Falls this weekend camping and I was wondering if there was anywhere close by that I could do a little fishing and catch something. Any help would be good guys...THANKS!!!

Well, you can fish from shore right where the gooseberry flows into superior. A few miles up the highway, the mouth of the split rock river is a nice shorefishing spot too. When in the fall are you heading up there? The salmon run usually starts in mid september...although I don't know if either of these rivers get's much of a run.

Well, we are heading out this Friday and staying for the weekend. What kind of fish am I expected to be catching up in Duluth? This is my first time ever up here and I want to make sure I have the right tackle and pole setup.

The same spinning tackle you use for walleyes will work just fine for shorefishing on superior. Get some krocodile and/or cleo spoons in whichever colors strike your fancy. Bring some #4 blue fox spinners also...they won't cast half as far, but you'd be surprised how close to shore some trout will hangout. If you want to use bait you can float crawlers off the bottom, or use casting bobbers.

stop in at marine general and talk to the guys there, they can hook you up with any and all tackle for the shore, as well as give you a few tips and tricks on hoow to use it. Marine general is on london and 15th ave e.

Yep, Marine General is a good place to go. Good tackle, bait and advice.

If you don't have a trout stamp,they can set you up.

You need one when fishing Superior or it's tributary streams and rivers.

Also,treble hooks are not allowed on tributaries up to the posted boundaries. You can swap hooks, but I just clip the trebles with my pliers.

The places already mentioned are as good as any I know of to fish.

Good luck!