• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Prediction

10,000 Casts

As of right now, Cuddy is hitting .279, Delmon is hitting .309. At the end of the regular season they will both be batting .290.

wouldn't be surprised one bit if delmon ends up about there. that isn't too far from his career average. would be good if cuddy could get that high as it would mean a strong finish. I've got my doubts though.

Wow I cannot believe Delmon has dropped that far. Still though even if he finishes at .290 it's been a hell of a year for him. He is getting a lot of RBI's.

Cuddy will pick things up a bit, but he will not bat the same or higher than D Young.

Cuddy has what, one hit in the series so far. Things are REALLY looking dismal as far as team hitting is concerned.

Delmon is a career .290 batter... nothing more and I just hope Cuddy stops hitting into so many double plays and starts to pick it up as the central race heats up.

Very disappointed in Delmons .199 average for the month of August with only 6 RBI's.

Cuddys is only hitting a disappointing ,250 for the month but has drove in a few keys runs.

Cuddy now has a higher season on base percentage than Delmon who not surprisingly only has 2 walks again this month. That means he "cuddles" gets on base more often then Delmon does.

Thats all for now... grin

We'll need them both to get hot down the stretch if the Twins plan on hanging on to their lead this year. I don't care who finishes where between them as long as they both can lead this team to another title!!

BOOM= 3 run JACK of cliff lee

91 RBI= WOW, he might beat Cuddy's career best!

BOOM - 2 run double!

Cuddy leaves 3 OB again in the 5 slot. Nice game from Kubel on base 3 of 5 times.

Delmont will have a higher BA and RBI than Cuddy this year. Cuddy should have batted 6 or 7 all year.

Good to see Delmon at least get a hit in what has snowballed into one of the worst slumps by a Major League ball player this season.

4 for his last 28....thats .148 folks.....and 18 for his last 90 .199 batting average with 2 walks and 11 strike-outs.

And you guys have the audacity to rip on Cuddyer who was a line-out away from having more RBI's in last nights game than Young does this entire month.

Good one guys!...LOLZ!

Go Twins!

Another thing....Cuddy and Kubel got on base IN FRONT OF YOUNG AGAIN. Cuddy and Kubel were VERY involved in runs 4 and 5 also. Cuddy came very close to clearing the bases on his line-out.....just smashed it to someones glove again. mad Cuddy just hits em tooooo hard......one-hop grounders AT somebody or lineouts near the warning track. He needs more seeing-eye grounders and BLOOPERS to get more rbi's.....like someone else on the team does..... whistle

Years ago Jim RICE from Boston led the league in dp's......wonder if Boston's fans wanted to get rid of him, too?

If cuddy keeps hitting the ball good like he's done lately, I wonder how long it will be before gardy moves him to that high rbi producing #7 spot in the lineup? That's where young has got most of his rbi's this year and many are saying it's the "2nd cleanup spot" or something like that so seems appropriate that cuddy may have to take over that important spot soon and I'm sure he will soon have 100+ rbi's.

Seriously though, it was good to see them both get big hits last night. They both need to come up big for this team to realistically have a chance of getting further this season than they have the past few. A division title will be nice if it occurs, but I'd sure like to see them do more than a first round rollover.

My prediction is that Young will be 20 points higher than Cuddy in average at the end of the year. They have both had their moments and have played big parts. Cuddy is what he is. Really good fastball hitter,position flexibility value and good OBP. Delmon has shown some flashes of what he can be, although his defense leaves a LOT to be desired, you leave a pitch up and he can hurt you. He'll never have a great OBP, but his power numbers will steadily increase and believe he will be a 30-35 HR a year guy in the next couple of years....

Pier.... is Young REALLY in one of the worst slumps of the year compared to all MLB players? I didn't check, but I would guess there are quite a few worse than 4 for 28. Just wondering if you are stating fact or generalizing a bit to help your Cuddy love!!

My prediction is that Young will be 20 points higher than Cuddy in average at the end of the year. They have both had their moments and have played big parts. Cuddy is what he is. Really good fastball hitter,position flexibility value and good OBP. Delmon has shown some flashes of what he can be, although his defense leaves a LOT to be desired, you leave a pitch up and he can hurt you. He'll never have a great OBP, but his power numbers will steadily increase and believe he will be a 30-35 HR a year guy in the next couple of years....

Pier.... is Young REALLY in one of the worst slumps of the year compared to all MLB players? I didn't check, but I would guess there are quite a few worse than 4 for 28. Just wondering if you are stating fact or generalizing a bit to help your Cuddy love!!

Pier's strong suit is not in the realm of baseball stats or he would have known that Derek Jeter goes through worse slumps.

Is it really true?

Did I just hear Sled admit Young is in a really bad slump?

(Please, no more comparisons to Jeter, I beg of you)

You guyz slay me...I'd take either Cuddy or Young on the Cubbies over Soriano...but I'm sure they are both smart enough to veto that trade.

OK, Pier, you master of the obvious, but please don't get Mudcutter started on his love affair with my Cubbies. Nyuk, nyuk.