• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Please Fire Brewster

JBMasterAngler

Just to clarify I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be fired just my opinion he won't be fired immediately this year is all. I see him resigning before being fired this year but that's doubtful IMO.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• PierBridge

• JBMasterAngler

• zepman

Funny thing is when the new coach comes in after next year and we win 4 or 5 games again a lot of you will feel happy about it.... grin

I think Pier will be disappearing from the football thread for a while!!

sleep

I don't know where you get that silly-ness Coach. I don't ever disappear from sports threads on fishing forums.

Have you heard the phrase "even a blind squirrel finds an Acorn every now and then" smile So you guys got this obvious solution right....Well done mates! grin

For the record nobody is happier than me about it!

I will say I am astonished Maturi who is one of if not the main problem here and who sounded like an utter putz in his press conference had the balls to do it mid season. I suppose he got fed up with his phone ringing off the hook with important alum threatening his head/job which will hopefully be the next causality in this mess.

I do commend Brews for stepping down now versus the end of the season and you should thank him too as I would have won this one like most of my battles on FM had he not resigned! smilegrin

Nice try though Coach maybe next time!

Go Gophs!

Quote from PierBridge:

"I do commend Brews for stepping down now versus the end of the season and you should thank him too as I would have won this one like most of my battles on FM had he not resigned!"

Brewster did not resign, nor did he have any choice in stepping down. He was fired.

You have said repeatedly that Brewster would not be fired this season, and probably not next season. Brewster was fired this season. 'nuff said.

You're just still mad about the Alabama thread... grin

Roll Tide!

I'm not mad about the thread...... but the team.............. mad

Here's the deal, haven't finished better than 4th place since 1986 and it's been like 7 years since we beat a ranked opponent. If I were a stud MN kid seeing what Wisconsin did to #1 Ohio State last weekend and they wanted me it would be tough to stay in MN.

Pier..... I think we are all still waiting for you to admit it...

YOU WERE WRONG!!! You can talk blind squirrel all you want, but do you realize how silly your opinions were considering him not being fired this year and that setting the program back????

Oh well.... I commend you for getting back on the horse, BUT you were.... well, you know!!! grin

Setting the program back lol, lol, lol, how far back have we been since ? With Marion Barber and Laurence Maroney we finished 4th in the big ten or was it lower?

Come on kids, stop kickin' a man while he's down...leave Pier alone!!! grin

It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds. I'm not saying that they will, but wouldn't it be funny to see the Gophs beat Penn State, Ohio State and Iowa to finish off the year?!?

Yep, he was only a handful of plays away from still having a job. LOL

And a couple more plays away from being undefeated!

I was that close to booking my flight to the Rose Bowl too!

See ya, Brew. Maybe you can get your old car salesman job back. Before he left he was just five cars away from salesman of the month!

hehe.gif

There was definitely a different vibe at the game with brewster gone...there wasn't anyone to hate anymore frown And that affected the attendance of the game! The joke of a student section was at least 3/4 empty! The gophers' side looked about 1/3 empty! The paper said attendance may have been down because of obama being on campus, but I don't buy it. Anyway, the people that were at the game seemed to have more energy and more positivity...but let's face it, this is still brewster's team out there frown At least next year, whoever the coach is, they won't have to deal with weber as the QB. I don't know what's worse, him throwing the ball nowhere near any receivers, or our defense missing tackles after tackles after tackles.

Kinda' sucks watching the gophers now. With no coach to hate, we're just stuck with a really bad team and no real reason to watch frown

The horses pull the cart. We don't have enough horses and Brewster still can be blamed for that!!! smile

Recruiter my ............

I just hope whoever the coach is next year, they bring in some better kickers! Those guys are terrible!

Kinda' sucks watching the gophers now. With no coach to hate, we're just stuck with a really bad team and no real reason to watch frown

Feel free to keep hating on Brewster grin

I still contend that Brewster was a good recruiter. He wasn't great enough to get Michael Floyd, Seantrel Henderson, or any of those to come, but he got some good recruiting classes. His biggest failure was in developing these players into college material. Most of them are still playing at a high school level and THAT'S why we can't even beat our non-conference schedule.

The Gophs looked good for the first series or two against Ohio State, but then the cat stopped playing with the mouse.

The funny thing was listening to WCCO on Sunday morning. They were talking about Glen Mason like he was a god that we never should have let go. Even joked about erecting a statue in his honor. I find it mildly amusing the Minnesota fans would cherish Mason's teams but not Denny Green's Viking teams. They both did the exact same thing: produced solid teams that were good enough to get into the playoffs but not go beyond, usually culminating in a crushing defeat but none-the-less winning seasons. One is talked about in glowing remembrance, one is the butt of all kinds of jokes.

"They both did the exact same thing: produced solid teams that were good enough to get into the playoffs but not go beyond, usually culminating in a crushing defeat but none-the-less winning seasons. "

Popularly knows as "pulling a Gardenhire."

Just a blip on names being thrown around out there for the vacancy:

"In the two-plus weeks since Tim Brewster was canned as Minnesota’s head coach, names such as Randy Shannon, Mike Leach, Mark Mangino, Scott Linehan, Jeff Jagodzinski and Marc Trestman have popped up on reports seeking to identify a list of potential replacements.

Today, you can add arguably the biggest “name” to the unofficial list of candidates.

According to a tweet from Rivals.com‘s Tom Dienhart, former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer is a name that has emerged in connection to the Gopher vacancy."

The Pioneer Press claims the Gophers have three big names on top of the list: http://www.twincities.com/ci_16511932?nclick_check=1

If this list is right, I can't see Harbaugh, Chris Petersen, and Gary Patterson leaving Stanford, Boise State, or TCU for Minnesota.

For Harbaugh it would be trading down in every sense. The PAC-10/12 is a big name conference equal to the Big Ten, Stanford a more prestigious school than the U, and it has a better football program.

TCU and Boise State are in lesser conferences than the Big Ten, and those schools don't have the academic standing of Minnesota, but their football programs are running on all cylinders. Why leave those situations for the mess in Minneapolis?

In addition, Petersen, Patterson, and Harbaugh can all get better jobs at top programs with better traditions than Minnesota; Georgia and Michigan are two such places that are likely to be hiring soon.

The Gophers are probably going to have to settle for a lesser-known candidate from the assistant coaching ranks, or a head coach from a lower-division school.

I'd say the ONLY one we have a remote chance at is Petersen and that is ONLY IF Boise goes undefeated but gets left out of the National Championship game. But realistically, I don't think any of those 3 even sit down for an interview. They can pick their next job if they want to and I can't imagine MN being "the" one...