• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Please Fire Brewster

JBMasterAngler

I figured since the gopher football season is only 1 week away, I'd get a "fire brewster" thread started. All of mason's guys are gone now (which were our best players last year), and none of brewster's guys have proved much, and the incoming recruits were nothing to write home about. I believe we start the season with an embarrasing loss to middle tennessee state, and that will pretty much set the wheels in motion for a very dreadful season. College coaches are rarely fired during the season, but hopefully the support for such a decision will get stronger and stronger as the season progresses. I won't make it to all the home games this year, but I'm anticipating hearing lot's of boos going brewster's way (even in the half empty student section). I'm wondering which will be worse, his offense or his defense? My prediction is 3-9 (and that's being VERY generous!).

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• PierBridge

• JBMasterAngler

• zepman

Does he have to win a certain amount of games this year to keep his job?

He is a terrible coach!! To say the least.

I was at the game when the Bison beat the Gophs in 2007 when Roehl ran for 250 some yards. What an awesome game.

Go Badgers!!

I would say if he is not on the hot seat this year he certainly should be next year.

Just face it, thers's no hope for the Gophers. Big 10 is only going to get tougher to win in the future. Pick a good team to follow like the Crimson Tide!

Roll Tide!

I hope Brewster stays around 1 more year so I can watch the Bison spank the Gophs again wink.

For real though Brewster has to go... hes an assistant coach dreaming right now.

Its a make or break year for him. He has to either step up and win or else. I think Fisch was more of the problem last year, however Brewster need to quit changing Offensive Coordinators every year. The new one seems solid, however.

Hypothetically, what if they win more games than last year? (6-7, 3-5)

I don't see what replacing Brewster would accomplish other than making a few frustrated fans and haters happy.

Sorry to say but I think there is an almost zero percent chance Brewster will be fired this year.

Go Gophers!

Wasn't Brewster brought in because he was a big wig recruiter, well.....if you can't recruit and obviously can't coach what good are you?

Firing brewster would accomplish alot. He's already proven he's not a good coach, and he's not as good of a recruiter as we were lead to believe. A good coach can win with subpar talent, and if you do that you'll bring in better talent over time. I think brewster's recruits haven gotten worse each year. I'm not even picky as to who they bring in (although mike leach would be awesome!), because I doubt anyone could do worse than brewster.

I thought that it was time for Mason to go, but Brewster has definitely been worse. I don't mind his recruiting but I think that his biggest problem is lack of ability to manage and team and organization. He changes coordinators as often as underwear so there is ZERO continuity from one season to the next. Game management doesn't seem to be a strong point either and the recruiting of decent players hasn't translated into great players on the field. A good recruiter sees the talent, not just in the 4 star players but in the lower ranked guys who can be successful. The problem that I see with Brewster and his Gopher teams is that the players either aren't being developed well or they didn't have the development capacity in the first place. All of that is the behind-the-scenes coaching stuff, which I think is Brewster's biggest weak point.

I think that he'll coach after this season unless they do as badly as most have predicted, with only two or three notches in the win column. Then he might get the premature axe.

First get rid of Joe Maturi and then start looking at coaches. Actually get a new President and board of regents, then a new AD and coach. The admin at the U thinks that a high quality athletic department and high acedemic standards can't coexist. That is totally untrue.

Right on Black Bay. I couldnt agree more. The U has become a dump since I left there in 2005. I was sooo sick of those jerk-baits that I have no desire to go back until some major changes are made.

How would you like to be one of those students paying for the stadium (couple hundred a year) and then watching them go out and suck it up. I have always thought that Mike Grant (Eden P) football coach would be a nice fit. Strong MN ties, knows how to get people to play, and bring talent in.

All I know is that if it is true that Maturi picked Brewster over Patterson from TCU, he deserves A LOT of criticism. I know I heard reports that Patterson wasn't convinced he wanted to leave TCU, but when the Gophs job was open, he was just becoming a hot coaching prospect, now he could have his pick of jobs and a guy with Texas ties??? The 4th or 5th best prospects in Texas are better than what we have here now! I hope the Gophers win 8-9 games, but I just don't see it.

maybe we can get tubby to coach football and basketball, kinda like in high school where coachs are coaching a few sports. probably do better then brewster

Want to make a note on the good game played by Hoese. Despite his Dad having a stroke last week and being in a Coma, the kid came back for the game and scored 3TD's and recovered the game sealing fumble.

I am sure his Dad would be proud, and all of us should be proud of his effort!!! You can't ask more from the kid!!

Duane Bennet also had a standout game with 180yds rushing. Good to see him coming back strong from his knee injury and a mediocre season last year. They always say its the 2nd year after the injury when they truly get back to 100%.

I'm glad they won...but I'm not at the same time. I'm a gophers fan so I obviously want them to win, but every win makes it more likely for brewster to stick around. The win was a fluke! There is no way they win that game if middle tennessee's QB wasn't suspended. The gopher's defense is still not good...I don't think south dakota is going to be able to expose that next week, but it's possible nothern illinois might (I don't count the USC game, that will be a total massacre). Winless in the big ten is still a good possibility.

What a bush league program, they could lose the rest of their games. Look at the schedule, they don't have any other give me games on the schedule. Wow 21 -10 to SD at half.

Don't fire anybody. We all love watching a train wreck. 4 D1 teams in the Dakota's now that all have a better chance at winning a national title than the Rodents. How come the Sioux can't come up with a cupcake game like the Yotes got with the "mighty" U?

Ha..ha...ha...I love it. Have fun SD fans.

Brewster stinks up the home opener. Where do you go from here if your coaching or playing for the gophs?

Hopefully Brewster goes away first, then Lucia and then Maturi, what a joke!

Seriously what is going to be some of the scores when they start conference play or when USC comes to town? Absolutly pathetic

Good Grief, this program is simply pathetic!!!!!! mad

Clearly Brewster must have comprimising pictures of Maturi with a sheep or pig or something. No GOOD reason this bum still has a job!