• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

String silencers and such

MUSKY18

So I bought my new (used) bow after mine blew up. Got a good deal from a buddy on a 2009 Bear Showdown, complete with site, whisker biscuit, peep, D loop and stabilizer. Only thing that isn't on the bow are string silencers or limb savers on the limbs. What do you guys/gals recommend to use? Are any one better than the rest?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

pop some limb savers on limbs and some leeches on the strings. helps keep vibration down more and to me that means everything stays where it shoiuld stay longer. think about a sling also. good luck and have fun!

The less on my string the better, as the more goes on, the slower you get, and I hate clutter. That said I have my peep n leeches on it and that's it. Far as I'm concerned, the deer is usually dying already, before they have the chance to react anyways. I was going to use limb savers, but my hoyt limbs just don't have the right spacing for them iirc. Nothing wrong with them though.

Shoot first then consider whether you want them or not. They are not required.

I shoot a PSE Xforce, a speed bow. This bow is very quiet and mostly shock free on its own. The only thing I chose to add is a string stopper. This elminated any vibration I was feeling and didn't slow the string down at all.

On the string I have tried the leeches, batwings, and catwhiskers. The leeches fell apart after 100- 200 shots. The batwings were durable but the whiskers, run through the strands and served in seem to help the most. My bow has always had the limb savers on so I cant tell how much of a difference they make.

to add another thing.. The thing that quieted my bow up the most was a String Tamer. I thought it was more of a gimmic.. but no.. leeches and a Tamer and I get very little noise or vibration.

limb savers are a must, on the string i run nothing, i have the Bear Truth 2 but it has the double string tamers on there so that helps some. I love my bear and recommend it to anyone, but shoot first buy second

So I bought my new (used) bow after mine blew up. Got a good deal from a buddy on a 2009 Bear Showdown, complete with site, whisker biscuit, peep, D loop and stabilizer. Only thing that isn't on the bow are string silencers or limb savers on the limbs. What do you guys/gals recommend to use? Are any one better than the rest?

If the Bear showdown has the string tamers already i say no real need for string silencers but limb savers i think are a must! wont hurt to have them on any kind of limb vibration thing will do they all reduce vibration in the limbs which means the limbs are more likley to last longer, without them theres more vibration and over time it may vibrate to a point of breaking down the limbs