• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Propane

PikeTipper

Question

I usually just exchange my 20lb propane tanks but does anyone know of a cheaper way to refill them in the NW Metro?

I have a station that refills them near me but price is pretty close ($20) to just exchanging them.

Thanks for any responses.

4 answers to this question

Little Bighorn in Coon Rapids will fill them. Last time I got one it was 16.50 plus tax.

I believe they will charge less if its not completely empty.

One thing to watch when you do the exchange is that most exchanges do not have the full 20 pounds. Most now have 16-18 pounds. They did this a few years ago in an attempt to keep the price down when propane was high. To me thats like only putting in 10 gallons of gas because 12 is too expensive. Your going to use it anyway so..... Anyway there are some law suits going on over this. Seems they didn't/don't really make much effort to notify the customer.

Bills Superette in Ramsey sometimes run coupons in the Thursday free paper. It comes out to a little over $15. Regular price is closer to $17 or 18.