• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Greg Camarillo acquired by Vikings

Scott M

This guy is decent, a possession receiver from Miami. He is a little banged up too though, which is a little shaky.

GREAT signing - Camarillo is an immaculate route runner with sticky hands. He'll be a really good possession guy to complement Berrian's ability to stretch vertically - if Berrian can stay healthy. Camarillo was targeted 70-some times last season with ZERO drops. Zero. I like it.

Nice pick up... could he be the next CC or Wes Welker... I sure hope so!

The answer to that one is no. A life long Dolphins fan here, so I know Camarillo well.

Like was said earlier, you are getting a very solid route runner and possession receiver with excellent hands. He won't beat you with his speed, but he plays very smart and uses his body well to get position. He has been banged up (knee) which should be a little concerning to you. Especially with playing at least half the games on the dome turf. I like him a lot as a player and kind of sad to see him go. I hope he has a good season for you....just not in week #2! grin

But they gave up Benny Sapp to get him.

That was an immediate concern of mine, too, as Sapp did a nice job filling in for Winfield last year, but...

The Vikings are indicating here that Cook is the future CB of this team, and in what little I have seen, I can agree so far. Giving him the reigns at CB might backfire, but it also might push him to be a great defensive back in a year where we need to fire on all cylinders. Just think about our potential if we stay healthy all year! We never did have all defensive hands on deck last year due to nagging or serious injuries here and there, but I think we are an absolute shutdown D if we stay healthy.

I am also twice as jacked up this year as last concerning our offense, regardless of what the experts are saying about Favre. Last year at this time, the "experts" thought getting Favre was a mistake! We know the timing and chemistry will be better, Harvin will be better (yes, I said better), Rice will make a splash when he is back, Gerhart has a lot to prove and seems intent on working hard to do that, AP can't fumble anymore than usual, can he? I think he finally has a big enough chip on his shoulder re: this embarrassing problem to improve. Also, Shiancoe is playing very confident and competent ball, and Berrian will get his limelight again which should push him to excel, too.

Let's get pumped up here! Forget the nay-sayers! SKOL!

Giving up Sapp for Camarillo says two things to me:

1) They are REALLY sold on Cook as the CB of the future

2) They are REALLY concerned about Harvin, especially since Rice is gonzo for half the season

It's hard to get as excited about Berrian, Camarillo and Walker as it was to get pumped over Rice, Harvin and Berrian. Here's hoping everyone can come back healthy, and the Vikes can weather the storm until they do.

Giving up Sapp for Camarillo says two things to me:

1) They are REALLY sold on Cook as the CB of the future

2) They are REALLY concerned about Harvin, especially since Rice is gonzo for half the season

It's hard to get as excited about Berrian, Camarillo and Walker as it was to get pumped over Rice, Harvin and Berrian. Here's hoping everyone can come back healthy, and the Vikes can weather the storm until they do.

+1, especially the part about getting excited with Berrian being your top receiver.

The Vikes had to make a move until the others can play. It may be just what they need for the first few months.

From what I've read it sounds like Sapp was shaping up as the odd man out in the secondary anyways and would have likely been released. Sapp wasn't necessarily playing poorly but the vikes seem to have options in the secondary that all appear to deserve playing time. In that case I'm glad they were able to go get someone that might be able to help the team.

I wasn't knocking Camarillo at all...I was just saying that I do not think he is the caliber of a Wes Welker or Cris Carter. He will be a very solid possession receiver for you. I like him a lot, but the fact that he was 4th on the Dolphins depth chart should tell you something. He wasn't 4th just because of his injury(ies) either. Hey, I wish the guy the best (except in week 2), and still wish he were a Dolphin.

What fishinguru is saying is a receiver is only as good as his q.b and a q.b. is only as good as his offensive line and so on. So if you have a q.b like Favre throwing to you you are certainly going to get the chance for a few more balls, that and the system has to fit the players.

Well, I can think of two games Greg helped the Dolphins win last year. He kept a game winning drive going against the Jets in a Monday night football game, on 3rd and 10 he caught a pass down to the 4 yard line that sealed the deal. Playing against the Patriots he caught a 20 yard pass on 4th and 6 to set up the game winning field goal.

But back to the Welker thing, Welker came from Miami also and he wasn't the same Welker he is today. Welker only caught 29 balls for 434 and no TD's in 05/06, then in 07/08 his final season with Miami he only caught 67 for 687 yards and 1 td.

When he went to the Patriots all of a sudden he was a 112 catch guy for 1175 yards and 8 TD's his first season. It's all about opportunity and Greg is gonna have plenty this year.

Camarillo is going to be huge this year for the Vikes...80+ receptions and Favres favorite target right out of the gate.

Berrian needs to step up big time this year too...we payed him ALOT of money and so far he has been just average.