• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

rainy lake camping during labor day weekend

hey fellas, and ladies, but my friends and i are a little behind the ball on planning a camping trip labor day weekend. we decided on camping in voyaguers national park on rainy lake. however, everything is boated in to an island. weve done it before. just curious, what kind of luck can we expect finding a campsite at say, friday in the am before labor day? are the sites going to be full? what have you guys noticed in the years past. thanx for ANY insight!! if it matters, there will probably be four of us and one tent

Hi Vister,

Things really slow down this time of the year, alot of the kids are back to school. Normally the weather is much more unstable and alot cooler. There will be alot of camping spots open.

Look for the walleyes in deeper water!!!

Sincerely,

Fishmeister

A few BIG walleyes are starting to show up on TOP of shallow reefs. I got my biggest one last trip in only ten feet of water on top of a big reef. Not worth flagging anybody down to take pictures but still lot of fun on 4lb line.

Even got a few bass on reefs this past week. First ones on reefs since week after ice out.

Hi vister,

Like the fellows said, you should be able to have no problem finding a camp site. It does slow down once school starts(around labour day). Fishing is still good on most reefs with 28 to 32ft being where most of the walleyes are. 24-28 ft for perch.

Have fun.