• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sidney Rice done for 1/2 season - Javon Walker in?

SkunkedAgain

My brother sent me the Javon Walker article yesterday. I didn't understand why they would be looking to sign another receiver until reading today that Sidney Rice has played his last snap for a while.

Favre to Walker worked in Green Bay, but they certainly parted under a very strained relationship. I'm sure that time has healed wounds, but more importantly, can Walker shake the Oakland curse like Randy Moss and Charles Woodson, or will he be another on a long list of players that ended their careers while playing for the Black and Grey?

Just read that the Vikings have signed Walker. I really hope that he can come in and contribute. We are going to need it. Rice had the surgery today in Colorado and will most likely miss the first 8 games of the season, possibly more.

I wonder why he did nothing earlier about this injury...Like right after the NFC championship game?

No kidding... why not do something earlier? He must have listened to closely to his agent Drew Rosen-moron.

Now, if we can find a way to trade for Randy Moss...

Well...this is an absolute cluster$#@$ and will open up all kinds of questions in regards to the timing of this. I can't believe the Vikings didn't know about this going back to this spring....and if they did, why would they hold surgery off until now? Could the decision to do this now have any direct link to bringing Favre in BEFORE he found out Sidney needed the surgery? We'll probably never know the answers to any of this but one thing is for sure....somebody, either the Vikings or Rice, himself, made some bad and irresponsible decisions here!!

I'd look for a trade now for a wide-out with some name recognition...and if it happens the Vikes will take it in the @#! to get the deal done.

Vikes 10-6 or 9-7....too many things going on around Winter Park that just doesn't feel right this year.

He didn't have the surgery earlier cause he is trying to get a new contract. He will take care of his body right now for the future rather than risking further injury. He did this now rather than later to make a point to the Vikings on how improtant he is. I am sure he did this at the advice of his agent though.

Favre to Walker worked in Green Bay, but they certainly parted under a very strained relationship. I'm sure that time has healed wounds, but more importantly, can Walker shake the Oakland curse like Randy Moss and Charles Woodson, or will he be another on a long list of players that ended their careers while playing for the Black and Grey?

He in Favre did not get along. He held out, hoping for a new contract, and it was Favre of all people who told him to get in to camp.

Don't forget he was horrible in Denver as well as Oakland. Not the same since he blew out his knee. He's a 3-4 at best. There is a reason nobody signed him yet. wink

This is a hard hit for the offense. The Vikes are now in a world of hurt for recievers.

We need no more bad news for this season.

We are going to have to call this team the Minnesota Packers pretty soon smirk

You mean the L.A. Minnesota Packers?

I read that Sidney and the Vikings new about the injury (obviously) as soon as it happened, but based on analysis decided to let it heal. Now that he's gone through camp it doesn't seem like the rest and rehab helped at all, in fact the article said that his hip showed much more degradation.

Surgery is always a risk. I can understand why guys would want to see if the body can heal itself. It's all of us that say they should have gotten a new plastic hip/leg/shoulder/arm so that they were ready to play again.

I'd certainly explore all options before going under the knife.

We are going to have to call this team the Minnesota Packers pretty soon smirk

I heard we just signed Don Majkowski and Reggie White, too cry

I hope his hip injury is not like a Bo Jackson type injury. He should have taken care of it when season ended then he would've been good to go. Now even if he does comeback to play midseason he probably won't be too productive because a couple good hits to the hip area will put him out plus he will be playing timidly. I'm sure agent had some say about this and gave poor advice. Now if he doesn't recover he won't see that big contract he was probably seeking. One season does not constitute big contract returns. Vikes will probably watch the waivor wire. Maybe they should convert Webb to WR for now so that we don't lose him on waivors.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
Vikes 10-6 or 9-7....too many things going on around Winter Park that just doesn't feel right this year.
I agree Zep

I have to agree w/o Rice this could cost 1-2 games. Now teams will focus more in the box to stop AP and pressure Favre. Someone at WR has to step up like Rice did last season for us to succeed.

Berrian is due to step up, and I think he will respond. He was largely left out of the loop last year...when Favre eyes a prize (and last year the prize was Rice, as it was Driver in GB), that is where he goes. This year it will be Berrian. I am not nearly as worried as most seem to be on here. I see a repeat 12-4 year with NFC North Title written all over it.

Skol!

Sidney was a KEY part of last year's team. Pretty big hole to fill, and I'm not sure Berrian will be that guy. If he stays healthy and steps up, the Vikes would certainly be a lot better off. This whole thing places a lot of pressure on Percy to play. Not sure he can play 14 or 15 games through the migraines, but that's what we will need to win another division title.

Walker's signing helps a little, but I wouldn't expect too much out of him. It would be nice if we had another young guy in the wings that could make the leap upwards this year, like Rice did last year.

There are many receivers who can fill Rice's shoes. Favre is the main reason any receiver on his team has a big year. Put Rice with another QB and he would be average at best.

Here's a hypothetical for you to ponder......If Favre commits fully during the offseason, does Rice get the surgery sooner thus making him available for more of the season????

LOL this is far from the end of the world. I won't worry about losing Rice for half the season one bit, now if we lose both Rice and Percy I'll start to get pretty worried.

I'd love to get Moss back to MN, that would be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Sounds like Rice may be shelved for the whole season now. Doesn't sound like he'd even really be able to practice much for 8 weeks, let alone suit up and play all out ball.

Bummer!

Vikes traded for Greg Camarillo from the dolphins. I think he's a decent wide out. Between him and Javon Walker its nice to see that the Vikes addressed the problem right away. One of them will pan out. What ever happened to Allison? I know you cant have it all, but he would have a nice opportunity right about now.

Big Dave is right...

Although talented, Sid is completely replaceable.

Favre will be like Swizzy and Jay-Z while saying "On to the next one."

Guys in meetings and film sessions are looking around wondering who the Pro-Bowler out of the group will be.

Judging from last season, none of us will know because we all hated Sid this time last year.

It's not like we don't have other playmakers and guys who can catch...

Brett makes mediocre recievers look good... look what he did with the pack all those years...

Not to mention... no one would have been talking about how good our recievers were at the end of last year w/ Tjack in...