• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mathews Z7 or

laker1

Beimert Outdoors in pillager is a good place to check out. Its right off of 210 before you get into pillager. Plus 1 for hoyt, but you just need to shoot em to know whats best for you.

Both are great bows. That's a personal decision you need to make after you shoot them both. Can't go wrong with either one.

Try Gander those gentleman have been pretty good to me for accessories and making deals. There's always two guys behind during lunch hour to make sure you get serviced right away.

mr

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Try em both like mentioned.See what fits ya best. Both are sweet. I would advise a proshop over a sports store. Unless you know the guy behind the counter or an individual is referred to you. St Cloud is close and Mikes and Archery Country can help you out.

GM is a outdoors store that sells archery also. Beimert Outdoors is a archery proshop. The service I get at Beimert is 10 folds better than any other place i've been to. They keep all your info. (Bow, Equipment, Arrow Size and length) on file so at any time you can call up there and have questions answered regarding your equipment or call ahead and pre order arrows so you dont have to wait or bring one in for them to copy. They Don't just sell you a bow, they are selling customer service. Besides if you want to test shoot either of those two companies you would have to do it at Beimert. + 1 for Beimert. As the bow choice goes, my personal choice was the Z7. They were fairly close this year, but I felt that the Z7 being a single cam and having the reverse assist roller guard was smoother drawing and also had less(none) handshock after the shot. The Maxxis is a very nice shooting bow also. The customer service that goes with a Mathews bow compared to any other company is also another reason that I chose the Z7. But as others have said, Shoot them both. You wouldn't go buy a new car because someone else told you they liked it. You gotta test drive the new bow. Sorry I got so long winded, It is a pretty big investment either way you go, but it is well worth it.

I will also give a thumbs up to Beimert, they know their stuff. I will say there are a couple of guys at Gander in Baxter who seem pretty good too, I've talked to them a couple of times and they gave honest opinions and have actually talked me out of buying some archery equipment that wasn't up to par.

Ur right on bear, there are 2 guys at gander that I would recommend also..But if your looking at new Matthews and Hoyt exclusively, ur not gona find what your looking for there.

sorry but I have to correct myself, GM doesn't stock those two brand so a side by side comparison isn't possible but just give you a little reasurance that GM will help when they can if they can for the product that they carry. Beimerts can be a little spendy but they are a true proshop, eitherway you should be able to get answers and support not far from where you live.

Good luck,

mr

Those are the 2 bows that I shot before I bought one this spring and loved them both. Ended up with the Z7, thought it shot a little smoother and quieter. A friend of mine shot a Bowtech and liked it better than his Mathews so don't rule that one out.

The bowtech's can shoot nice, although in my eyes not as nice as the Z7, but it is the customer support with bowtechs and diamond that kill there brand. If you have ever have warranty issues, good luck getting it taken care of in a timely matter.

The bowtech's can shoot nice, although in my eyes not as nice as the Z7, but it is the customer support with bowtechs and diamond that kill there brand. If you have ever have warranty issues, good luck getting it taken care of in a timely matter.

Are you sure it was the the factory you had problems with and not the bow shop, I had a limb go out on my bowtech and had the new one installed 4 days later I thought that was really good being only a week from opener.

Archery sniper its there customer service department. I have alot of buddy's shooting bow-techs and they have had a lot of trouble with warranty claims. I thought of shooting a bow -tech untill they had some limb issues a few years back and bow-tech wouldnt admit fault. That is the reason the pro-shop I go to quit carrying them it's the only reason actually. On the other hand when I dropped my mathews out of the tree awhile back I only missed one afternoon of hunting. Dropped it on a morning hunt called the pro shop They called mathews and my limbs were there the next morning. The other thing is I have been shooting mathews since 1993 and have never had an equipment failure that was not my own fault. probably why I am loyal to them.

i'd question a bow's quality if the limbs broke from falling out of a tree. MAYBE if you were hunting in the metro and it hit a birdbath. a buddy has a bowtech and they recalled the limbs, his were fine but they changed them anyway, got the new ones on, took a few shots retuning it and the new ones snapped.

nonteepical are you kidding me. question the qaulity. They werent ment to be dropped 25 feet onto frozen ground. As for the recall on the bow-tech limbs that was after hundreds of broken limbs that they denied having issues if I recall there claim was that all of the techs working on the bows were pressing them wrong. Anyway doesnt really matter anymore bow-tech lost there top two engineers hopefully they can still build good bows and stay competetive with the other 2 big bow company's.

my point is i don't think the limbs on any bow should break if dropped out of a stand unless it hits a boulder. i would hope the companies when engineering this stuff all know it will be in the air 20 feet and may be dropped and should be able to withstand the impact. i'm not saying to toss your bow around or use it to chop a limb thats in your way when in your stand, but for 800-1000 bucks it should be able to withstand a 20 footer.

the carbon matrix was ran over by a truck so if you want to make sure the limbs are good buy one of those laugh

My bowtech took a 20 foot fall last year no problems dusted it off and shot a arrow into the ground to check the sights and kept hunting. With a bow any stress fracture or seperation of the limb is going to break at some point so the fall just helped him find the problem faster.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

probably won't matter much how high it was dropped from. what will matter is what and where it hits on the landing zone. grin