• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

high school football

jwenzel

jwenzel,

I think you have to start with Wayzata & Cretin Derham Hall in the big schools.

Totino Grace is going to be very good and Blaine has an oustanding Q.B. and a lot of starters returning. Smaller schools I haven't had a chance to look at yet.

As far as the MRC goes, I'm not expecting as much as I have in the past from LSH. Some good talent has left the program this year with more threatening to leave if things don't change. There's also an issue of players staying out of the dime bag or the bottle.

You'd think that they'd figure out how to keep the pics of themsleves tipping a beer off sites like facebook.

I would have to give the MRC to Holy Family or LSH this year. Belle Plaine lost a lot and will be way down. I;m not sure what Jordan will have this year.

think GSL is going to have a good team about. Be interesting to see, they have alot of changes there.

im excited to get the ref cloths on and have a good time with the guys all year long

I would have to give the MRC to Holy Family or LSH this year. Belle Plaine lost a lot and will be way down. I;m not sure what Jordan will have this year.

I thought Holy Family left the MRC beginning this year.

My son is a freshman this year. The school he is attending started "practice" or as we call it fundamentals on Memorial Day. He was at school everyday during the summer doing "fundamentals" and conditioning. Practice officially started on Aug 9. The go 2 hrs everyday during the week and today is suppose to be 115 with humidly around 50%. First games are next week. The freshman squad has 181 players so they had to make two teams consisting of a first and second string.

My son is starting on the A team left tackle and can play left tackle on D. should be interesting to see how they all do, the varsity team went 12-0 last year with new head coach. Lost in playoffs for state champ 5A.

Bring on HS and College ball, I am ready.

I don't think that starts until next year but I could be wrong.

Yes you're correct. Then I think we get Watertown-Mayer to replace them.

As far as BP losing out to LSH this year, I don't think so. The past couple years, they've given them a good run for the money (this years Junior class).

One key to stopping LSH this year and next is to wrap up the running back. No need to worry about a passing game from LSH. sick I think we had more passing yards to the defense than our own receivers last year.

I'm not going to claim to know much about what BP will have this year but I do know that they lost an awful lot last year so there is no way BP will be any where near the level they were last year. I'm gonna guess that Holy Family will still have enough to take the conference especially if LSH is going to be down this year as well.

We'll find out about BP and LSH soon because we play you guys the first conference game of the season down at your field.

Holy Family will be playing it's last season this year in the MRC. Good riddance an don't let the door hit you in the [PoorWordUsage] on the way out.

Holy Family and LSH should be at the top of the conference. Giants have a lot of talent and athleticism. Jordan is also a team that should do well this season. Tigers lost too many skill positions. Mayer, SE and M/L will struggle, again. No idea about NYA.

Son played first game tonight, freshman "A" team. First half looked like the three stooges, coaches lit them up at half time, they were a new team. My son plays LH tackle o line. He learned the Rh tackle job for the heck of it and it paid off. 3rd down 10 and goal, the coach pulled him off normal left side slide him and a new guard on the right side, son opened up huge hole for td.

Second have similar yard spot, son got a heck a hit on the incoming linebacker, stopped him cold in his track runner was able to get in for another td.

However one must not get too excited as the first penalty of the game was made by my son, holding, not just a little grab, the type of hold where you know that your going to get busted for it so go for it. Litterly pulled the shirt tail out of the other player by holding. Had to laugh. Next two weeks will be great games. Know that our freshman team has nearly 180 kids on it so they have two teams A and B. B got beat last week 6-50, so some have decided not to continue playing, parents screaming at the coach about their kid not getting enough play time oh well need to try harder.

Holy Family will be playing it's last season this year in the MRC. Good riddance an don't let the door hit you in the [PoorWordUsage] on the way out.

Parents and players alike, they sure like to think they're so much better than everyone else.

As far as how LSH will fare against NYA, I'll pick NYA. The past 2 years they've had LSH's number (this years Jr class). We've normally had easy games against them but they've really improved their program in recent years.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Parents and players alike, they sure like to think they're so much better than everyone else.

As far as how LSH will fare against NYA, I'll pick NYA. The past 2 years they've had LSH's number (this years Jr class). We've normally had easy games against them but they've really improved their program in recent years.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'll take LSH against NYA and BP.

BP won last night but I wouldn't expect too much from them this year. The coach is still running the spread offense even though all of the athletes that made it work last year graduated plus he has a sophmore at QB. It may be a long year in TigerTown!

GSL has blazing speed. Anderson, Leuders, and Keuster are pretty fast. Someone told me they went 1,2,3 at sections or state in the 100 meter dash.

Hutch dropped their first game to D-C. A few too many turnovers I was told.

I'm watching W-E-M this year. Surprising state champs last year with many players back. They smoked Jordan 42-10. It was 35-0 at halftime.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy Family and LSH should be at the top of the conference. Giants have a lot of talent and athleticism. Jordan is also a team that should do well this season. Tigers lost too many skill positions. Mayer, SE and M/L will struggle, again. No idea about NYA.

After another stellar performance by our beloved Giants lastnight, I had to ressurect Barony's post.

Now that we're a few weeks into the season here's a little recap.

Giants have only won against St. Peter in their first game of the year and Belle Plaine (barely)in game 2. This is coupled with a loss to Sibley East and Norwood-Young America.

Last year I mentioned that this would be the year for the Giants to go all the way but after seeing a few issues during the off season, I've given up hope. With a high probability for a loss against Mayer Luthern and I will say a certain loss against Holy Family, the Giants will finish their season with their tail between their legs. The talent is there, but it's not being put to good use. In other words, the onus is on the coaches.

Jordan is struggling as is Mont/Lonsdale. Sounds like this will change possibly next year wink

After looking at the rankings after lastnight, NYA is ranked higher than GSL......YES grin If this is a game that will happen in post season, I'll be there in support for NYA.

I knew this NYA team was coming a few years ago. They should be tough again next year. With HF leaving the MRC after this year, I'll pick NYA to win conference next year.

As for who wins conference this year, that will be decided when NYA plays HF. The winner of that game will be conf. champs.

Until the coaches at LSH understand that playing the coaches kid in certain positions is a huge mistake, they will continue to be a flop with some of the best talent in the MRC. They need to set the coaches kid down and let him know he's not a one man team. Throws way too many interceptions, drops too many balls and tucks it in to run nowhere when he has open receivers downfield.

Looking at our schedule I love the fact that the Becker "Dawgs" are 4-0 but in the Mississippi 8 conference can you believe Monticello is 3-1! they haven't won 3 games in 5 years (combined) much less 3 of 4. That coach is doing a great job.

But the BAd news is Rogers is also 4-0 and outscored its Opponenets 179-0 so far this year including the 32-0 they patsed STMA with last Friday... Hope our Bulldogs are ready in 2 weeks...

Anyone have predictions for their hometown teams tonight?

LSH is traveling to Mayer Luthern tonight. If we put a "Swan" under center, our goose is cooked 21-19. I feel a little "leary" either way, but the latter is a far better option and we could actually pull off a win. grin

Those from LSH will be able to read between the lines and see my point grin

Anyone have predictions for their hometown teams tonight?

LSH is traveling to Mayer Luthern tonight. If we put a "Swan" under center, our goose is cooked 21-19. I feel a little "leary" either way, but the latter is a far better option and we could actually pull off a win. grin

Those from LSH will be able to read between the lines and see my point grin

I'm not even from LSH and I get it. wink

Are you traveling to Mayer tonight?

You're a smart man Dave if you knew what I was getting at grin. If I head towards Mayer, it's only to drop my son off to watch the game. His not playing any more, amongst other reasons I won't explain, are why I don't care to go to the LSH games.