• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading up in Sept. looking for a place to start

Hi guys, heading up to cass the end of September and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good place to start. I'll be up with the inlaws who have been coming up to fish perch but i wouldn't mind mixing in some walleyes aswell. We'll be staying at Tom's resort which is on the west side of the lake, any info would be greatly appr. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure which resort you will be at. I thought TOM'S closed several years ago, but the most western resort I know of I think is called Sunset Beach? It is on a small bay (Dick's bay) off of Allen's bay, which is the western part of Cass Lake. Anyway assuming that is the resort you will be at....Allens Bay is real good for spring and fall fishing. The Mississippi river comes in on the west end, up the river can be good, around Dick's island, 2 potato islands, many points, sunken islands, and the west side of Star island all bracket that end of Cass Lake. Make sure you have a map and gps to find those sunken islands, the depths are up and down all over the place. Where you find the fish will depend on water temps and where the fish are holding at the time you are there. Good Luck, it is my favorite area.