• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Techno Hunt

gardn184

Just curious for everyone's thoughts on techno hunt or the DART target system. Do you feel it legitimately represents the kill zones and proper shots on the animal? I've heard people up here say it isn't as life like as shooting a 3d range. I think that while a 3d range is great practice there is something about seeing the moving animal infront of you on the screen and having to pick the shot at the right moment that gets you geared up for archery season. The only downside I can see is that you can only shoot 20 yards on most of them. I know that I was thrilled when one of the local shops up here in Superior installed one this summer.So lets hear some opinions

I just shoot it because its fun. On the other hand it has worked well teaching my wife and children to look for proper shot angles as well as looking at whats going on around the deer they are trying to shoot such as other deer behind there intended target.

I have shot 2 Techno hunts in the last week and a half. What I like is that it get me to focus on the quarry, not the "target" or the equipment or my sometimes flinch. And it is a lot more fun than shooting paper plates. For sure, I will sight the bow in at all the pins, (I put on a new sight and only have the 20 yard pin set as of today), but most of the practice will be on Techno hunt.

I've always enjoyed techno shoots. Been shooting them for over 12yrs now and I've never dawned on me that the shot placements didn't represent a life like shot. I think it helps with choosing good shots, tests your patience, and offers you good practice during the off season. The 20yd norm is fine with me, as I don't usually shoot only up to 30yds anyways. Overall it's fun, my kids enjoy it, and I'll keep doing it till something better comes along.