• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

News Spots, Help!

walterman

Hey guys, I just got a few new spots for the upcoming archery season and want to get some stands hung very soon. I have a few ideas but was hoping to get some more input from you. Any ideas would be great thanks. The property boundaries are outlined in red.

full-9316-573-stand1.jpg

full-9316-574-stand2copy.jpg

full-9316-575-stand3.jpg

It all depends on the wind.

full9316573stand1.jpg

full9316574stand2copy.jpg

full9316575stand3.jpg

1st pic hopefully you will be able to cover both arms of the "Y" which should funnel the deer by you. A good spot all times of the day, especially if you can get in there w/o spooking deer off the fields in the a.m.

2nd pic top to bottom. The top 2 spots are typical areas where deer like to enter fields in the evening to feed. The middle spot can is hopefully narrow enough where you can shoot across as deer will follow the edge on both sides.

On the bottom spot by the creek, if there is a fenceline where the red line is, this should create a funnel between the property line and creek.

3rd pic. Both spots and anywhere between them along the edge should be good.

Good Luck!

Brian

That's a tough question to answer with only arial photos. I see they're 3-5 years old as well, so that doesn't help either. Although, it looks like you have a lot of good land to hunt...I'm jealous! The only thing I have to offer would be to scout some of those valleys heading towards the feilds, assuming there's a food source there. Also, I like river front because it creates a great funnel. But, more than anything I'd recommend you start scouting soon and looking for the usual deer signs, if you haven't already. You know what they say...what looks good from afar often is far from good. And stay away from those crop circles on the right of each picture! wink

Need a partner, sign me up! You have got some great choices. Ground truth should dictate the best locations, and that takes effort scouting. The ariel photos are a fine starting point. Are you using ground blinds or tree stands? Do you have a deer decoy? Party hunting or alone? Harvestig may have an impact on deer movement. If it were me, I'd have a dozen or so favorite places and try to identify which ones will produce under different conditons. If you are right only some of the time I'm sure you'lll see plenty of deer and have many opportunities.