• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Practice Block

juniordo1

The old Black Hole has finally given up this year after 7 years of faithful service. Almost every arrow passes all the way through, regardless of shot placement.

I shoot field points 99% of the time and broadheads sparingly before season to double check arrow flight with broadheads.

My questions to everyone are these:

If you use a block what is it?

If you like what you are using, why?

Have you had better luck with some targets over others?

Price is not a deciding factor when considering a recommended target.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I have had very good results from my Morrell Eternity targets but for field points only. Not a broadhead target. I just have a seperate cheap hard foam type block that has 5 spots on it for broadheads. If I'm using nonexpandables I'll pop a couple shots into it with the broadhead just to check flight so they last a long time. If I'm using expandables no shot needed cuz they aways hit the same as the fieldpoint. I've used 3 or 4 different expandables over the years and never a flight issue. Went to Magnus Stingers 3 years ago just cuz I wanted to go back to that type broadhead and they fly right on as long as you are tuned. I build my own arrows so I popped on the short wider plastic vanes and they really spin the broadhead fast for grreat flight. Below is a pic of the newer Eternity target and one of mine that is about 7 or 8 years old. The 2 I have are with the older white cover. Very long lasting and you can purchase a new cover if ever needed. When I set it on the ground to shoot at it I just take one old arrow shaft and stick into the ground on the back side with the arrow knock up against the target so it doesn't fall over. I tried the hanging stand years ago but then it swings after each shot and you gotta wait for it to settle down. The size I like is the 23 x 25 x 12 thickness. By golly I think I'm gonna order a new cover. I like the look. :>). The target is layered so once you pound the snot out of it you can lay it down and jump on it to spread the layers out again.

What can I say, I think I'm sold on this target. Good luck! Looks like 45 bucks at Cabellas.

full-27930-542-1041.jpg

full-27930-543-img_3652.jpg

Windowpane has it right...use two targets. I have a block that I use for field points. I think it's almost 10 years old. It's never seen a broadhead. For broadheads I use a cheap Cabelas broadhead target. It holds up well, but is only for broadheads....it's darn near impossible to pull a field point out of it.

i just picked up a black hole target pretty much to test my broadheads on, man to broadheads tear them up but its a dang good target.

This is what I did i have a black hole target and a cheep foam target that i got at the w and a bag target. When I shoot field tip I use the bag.Then when shooting broadhead use the cheap foam target with the back hole behind it.Saves on the wear and tear on the black hole target some. I also heard that the rienhart 18in 1 target was really good too

The Black Hole's won't last too long with broadheads. Move your arrows around on it otherwise the middle will be shot out in no time.

I second that stick. Ive hardly shot broadheads in mine and its shot. Im on my second one, didnt learn my lesson the 1st time

I've shot the black hole so many times in so many spot almost every arrow passes through, even with field points. Last night I cut a fibrous plastic Dog Chow bag in two pieces and stapled them to the boards sandwiching the black hole so the target area was re-covered. This worked great for a temporary fix cuz the arrows only go about 3/4 of the way through now. Should get me through the week 'til I can buy a new target.