• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

They keep getting worse

Yesterday I went to my first spot on North Arm and was hovering in neutral looking for some fish on sonar. A boat was headed right at me and the hump I was on. I kept waiting for them to veer off. All I could see was a big black blob in the front of boat. Still coming right at me and closing fast. I keep looking for a face and a slow down of boat - no such luck.

Finally they start slowing some but still headed right at me. I figure game warden or somebody that is looking for me. Still bearing down on me. Still no face and I finally see the guy in front is turned around facing rear (wearing dark coat) but driver is hidden.

I keep thinking they are bound to slow down and talk to me. Eventually it is either move, or get rammed. I back up enough to avoid collision and they stop THREE feet off my bow and toss in a marker. Finally the driver looks over a sees me. "I didn't mean to get so close." I had to leave before I did something I would regret. What a bunch of losers.

Probably saw your picture on the internet, have to start telling everyone how bad the north arm fishing is. Hopefully it wasn't on the big fish hump. I'm leaving shortly, will bring cherry bombs.

Hey Capt... I would make sure the insurance is up to date and hold your ground. Or maybe you just have a reputation for catching fish. Or some people just like sitting on your lap while fishing. Its amazing people act like this just to catch fish.

Morning John,

Moving was the best thing you could have done. With so many spots to fish I'm sure you had no problem catching a few. Was it a local? I know some people only fish 2 spots. Still, pretty sad.

Nothing like a boombox or radio tuned to RAP at high volume to make others move some where else.

i feel your pain...i used to fish miles lacs lake every weekend and moved here 3 yrs ago and never went back after i sold my cabin there. the word must be out on how great the fishing is here cause as of late ive had a hell of a time getting on some reefs and spots i normally never see a boat on. i normally anchor up and cast and jig with a jig and a minnow if there is a little bit of a blow...so..along comes a black lund with a 250 on it from ill. and they got so close i did a flip cast and banked it off the side of his 60k lund with a quarter ounce vegas jig..i dont get excited about to much and i didnt about this either its just not good fishing in my opinion. there is only 219,999 other acres to fish..i guess i expect it on miles lacs but not here. im not complaining though...there is alot of times im pounding the fish and stop to look around and there isnt a boat in site and smile and think to myself...i love this lake!!!

Hi Z85,

Well how did you do on your electric motor search??? As far as folks pulling up on us. I don't like it either & have been known to make a comment if I feel the person is being a complete jerk., but to be honest it doesn't happen that often, also things will really change now as the lake traffic goes way down. Most of those folks who are doing that are use to fishing where if you want to fish you have to crowd in., and their here a very limited time...so I guess we just grin...lip off & bear it!!!

Sincerely,

Fishmeister

What kind of electric motor you looking for?

I have a Minn Kota bow mount 80 lb 24 volt HAND opperated that is for sale. It works fine. I just replaced it with one of them new GPS Minn Kotas that allow you to hover over a spot with the touch of a button.

that may work! im in the bass tourny and my front motor went out the board fried...and they dont make them anymore...how much? and it has to come with at least 3-4 real good bass spots! lol!

218-290-9972

thanks!

$200. or Will trade for antique tackle.

I can give some good bass spots on North Arm but won't be of much use to you in this week's tourney.

Please call or send me a direct email.