• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

SoDak August Opener Results

You MN boys are probably getting pretty excited for the opener, eh?

We managed a few honkers for our early, early opener. We were lucky that we had a cold front come through which took away the humidy. This made it tolerable. Still not sure about this 8 bird limit stuff. It almost feels like we're doing something wrong.

Anyone else venture out? Carpshooter??

You MN boys are probably getting pretty excited for the opener, eh?

We managed a few honkers for our early, early opener. We were lucky that we had a cold front come through which took away the humidy. This made it tolerable. Still not sure about this 8 bird limit stuff. It almost feels like we're doing something wrong.

Anyone else venture out? Carpshooter??

a few birds huh? somehow i don't believe you... cool

we had a bad hide on saturday morning but still picked up 20 birds for the 4 of us, then sunday morning the flood gates opened up and we shot a 4 man limit in about 35 minutes. we could have put up some monster numbers if we had more guys!!!!

The hard part is deciding where to go; fight the pressure locally and save a little $$ or go to places less sought after and find pockets...

i threw up a couple pics towards the bottom of this thread.

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2333322/feeling_it_already#Post2333322

Okay, okay.. we shot our fair share.. smile.. I had the pics posted earlier, then chickened out. I'll post it up again for a few days though..

its funny how fast word gets around about how everybody did; i think we had a tally sheet in the hotel that was totaling over 500 birds from calling all the guys we knew that were out hunting. its great to hear most guys did really well. now, this weekend will be the real test with the heat...

its funny how fast word gets around about how everybody did; i think we had a tally sheet in the hotel that was totaling over 500 birds from calling all the guys we knew that were out hunting. its great to hear most guys did really well. now, this weekend will be the real test with the heat...

Yep, and the texts start beeping in around 8:00 am. Usually just a picture of the pile before they line'um up.

Lot's of 30, 40 and 50 bird shoots among the circle we keep in touch with. These birds were plain and simple stupid. These are the birds we like to hunt! Ended the weekend with 96 birds.

We'll see what this weekend brings. Found a dandy field tonight but got a no go from the land owner.

Dang it almost makes me want to move to South Dakota. That is a bunch of geese you guys got. Congratulations!